Sponsored by:

Magna Flow Hitmans

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:29 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Magna Flow Hitmans

Finally heard the set of MagnaFlow Hitmans today. Oh my! Do they ever sound great!! Beats all the other pipes I’ve had hands down. I’ve tried SE street Cannons, RCX’s 4-1/2, and Khrome Werks 4-1/2. I was gonna go for a set of Mk45’s as I’ve heard several sets of those both catted and de-catted, but the Hitmans are my new favorite. When he started the bike, my wife’s face lit up and we both agreed...those are what we want

Old 02-04-2018, 10:43 AM
CageyKG
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork
Finally heard the set of MagnaFlow Hitmans today. Oh my! Do they ever sound great!! Beats all the other pipes I’ve had hands down. I’ve tried SE street Cannons, RCX’s 4-1/2, and Khrome Werks 4-1/2. I was gonna go for a set of Mk45’s as I’ve heard several sets of those both catted and de-catted, but the Hitmans are my new favorite. When he started the bike, my wife’s face lit up and we both agreed...those are what we want
Weren’t you the one that was afraid of losing low-end torque? How do you think these pipes will work? Have you heard the Fuel Moto’s Hi-Rollers? I love mine and think they sound great. They look similiar to the Hitmans too.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:51 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

The only mufflers I Haven't read torque loss complaints about have been the S&S with inserts and SE Street Cannons. I thought I had read another reviewers comments that the Hitmans suffered there too. I do they they look great though. Never have heard them.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:11 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by CageyKG
Weren’t you the one that was afraid of losing low-end torque? How do you think these pipes will work? Have you heard the Fuel Moto’s Hi-Rollers? I love mine and think they sound great. They look similiar to the Hitmans too.
Yes, that’s me. And I won’t know if I’ll lose low end torque until I put them on. Unless there’s a dyno sheet on a Stage 2 Torque cam with them. They sure didn’t lose any torque with the CR-460 cam compared to other dyno sheets at 120 tq. So I’m hoping for the same on my Stage 2.

I’ve heard the high rollers...not the sound for me. And I’ll give up a bit of torque for the sound. The RCX’s didn’t sound this good to put up with the torque loss.

Last edited by lyork; 02-04-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
The only mufflers I Haven't read torque loss complaints about have been the S&S with inserts and SE Street Cannons. I thought I had read another reviewers comments that the Hitmans suffered there too. I do they they look great though. Never have heard them.
I don’t remember seeing anyone comment on the Hitmans..was that on this forum or another? I’d be interested to read their thoughts on them

Old 02-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork
Yes, that’s me. And I won’t know if I’ll lose low end torque until I put them on. Unless there’s a dyno sheet on a Stage 2 Torque cam with them. They sure didn’t lose any torque with the CR-460 cam compared to other dyno sheets at 120 tq. So I’m hoping for the same on my Stage 2.

I’ve heard the high rollers...not the sound for me. And I’ll give up a bit of torque for the sound. The RCX’s didn’t sound this good to put up with the torque loss.
Where they on a M8 and what header were they matched with? Where is this dyno sheet that you referenced with the 460 and hitmans?

Old 02-04-2018, 05:10 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Where they on a M8 and what header were they matched with? Where is this dyno sheet that you referenced with the 460 and hitmans?
Not my bike, So I don’t have the dyno sheet, just got to see it. Decatted head pipe, Stage 1 AC. And of course it was on a M8

Last edited by lyork; 02-04-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Looks like they have a stepped baffle just like the RCX so if you lost torque with them I would assume these will perform the same. My 4.5 RC's didn't lose any torque, gained if anything. Do you have a sound clip of the magnaflows on an M8, found a clip on a twin cam but can't find anything on the M8.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:19 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Looks like they have a stepped baffle just like the RCX so if you lost torque with them I would assume these will perform the same. My 4.5 RC's didn't lose any torque, gained if anything. Do you have a sound clip of the magnaflows on an M8, found a clip on a twin cam but can't find anything on the M8.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Yeah that's the clip on the twin cam I was referring to, can't seem to find one of the M8

Quick Reply: Magna Flow Hitmans