Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 05:23 AM
Tinman1929
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Thank you!

Perfected example of a nice simple conversation going sideways. This is the reason trolls exist on forums and I rarely post. How many smart intelligent people that could contribute don't because of trolls.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:35 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by rjjj629
Or instead of ignoring half the posts you could get out of the negativity by selling your M8 and buying an Indian.

...and live happily ever after
Did you trade your Harley in on an Indian? Curious....

Originally Posted by LXT
Wow - so having a TC for what was it 3 weeks? that gives you relevancy to provide an opinion on those model bikes? so even though I don't own an M8 & have friends that do & I prolly have more than 3 weeks saddle time on a couple of M8`s - well.............I guess that makes my opinion relevant if yours regarding the TC is?

Hell cooky, I bet Ive got more riding time on an M8 than you do on the one you own!

WHY? I don't own an Indian but ive ridden them & have friends with them & I can make an opinion on them!!!
Wow, you love to mess with Cooky. Why not try to ignore him and move on. I think you just like to argue. If we're throwing around the opinion word....

Old 03-23-2018, 06:41 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Wow, you love to mess with Cooky. Why not try to ignore him and move on. I think you just like to argue. If we're throwing around the opinion word....[/QUOTE]

Tom the clown is not even on my radar and then he fail posts hard about me for pointless nothings ,I did respond though this time as is my right.
So much fail so little M8 ownership.

Last edited by badcooky; 03-23-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:01 AM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
Did you trade your Harley in on an Indian? Curious....

Sort of. I bought an Indian Scout in December. Not exactly a trade in but I sold my Street Glide in January.

FWIW my Street Glide was a 2017 I bought on Veterans Day 2016 and I put a little over 20,000 miles on it. It had no oil pump, sump or transmission fluid migration problems at all. It did use a little more engine oil than I'd like to see but it was still less than what the MoCo considers a problem.

I love my Indian, its damn near perfect

Old 03-23-2018, 08:04 AM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,012 Likes on 523 Posts

This type of drama has existed since I can remember on this forum and others. The TC took its share of bashing too...same with Revo, Rushmore and any changes that HD makes. There will always be drama queens who speculate and beleive in conspiracy theories. Its easy to pile on and try to make yourself feel better about your old bike. On the flipside, there are plenty of folks trying to run down the older bikes and minimize the REAL DESIGN problems in the M8 to justify their decision. Its human nature and been happening here as long as I have been here.

Bottom line is sort through the hyperbole and drama and you see real good info. The M8 will be a great engine, but it isnt perfect. Neither is the TC. There are varying degrees of intelligence on a forum like this. Read and learn and share. Reading the Harley tech bulletins is also worthwile. There are real design issues. Learn about them, keep an eye on your fluids and ignore the BS from the drama queens.

I’ll say it again, your good fortune of not having any problems doesnt erase the reality of those in the minority who have. I try to sympathize with folks who have had problems with a new bike after spending a lot of hard earned cash. It really sucks. Dont try to minimize their frustrations and let folks vent a little.

Funny how folks on these forums can get polarized. Most here would stop and help a brother on the side of the road or buy a round at the local watering hole. But it just doesnt come through in this digital age. The world is getting smaller and more coneected than ever before but yet there seems to be more polarization, loneliness and less depth. Anyway, i digress...

The following 5 users liked this post by stratplexi:
damooose (04-14-2021), Fat11Lo (03-23-2018), jd05flhtci (03-23-2018), lp (03-23-2018), SoCalHDMC (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:46 AM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
In conclusion, the answer is no, we can't have an intelligent discussion about the M8.
Hahahahaha! Evidently that is correct!! Thanks Keith, been a rough week, needed the laugh this morning!

Originally Posted by Johnny Goodlife

Old 03-23-2018, 11:25 AM
TomcatCV62
Road Warrior
Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by rjjj629
Sort of. I bought an Indian Scout in December. Not exactly a trade in but I sold my Street Glide in January.

FWIW my Street Glide was a 2017 I bought on Veterans Day 2016 and I put a little over 20,000 miles on it. It had no oil pump, sump or transmission fluid migration problems at all. It did use a little more engine oil than I'd like to see but it was still less than what the MoCo considers a problem.

I love my Indian, its damn near perfect
oh, thats cool. I doubt I wouldve bought the scout, thats kinda like a sporty..... But hey, if youre happy, thats all that matters.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 556 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
When did this become a Twin Cam forum and who gives a rats **** anyway , the TC has come and gone it's a memory and it's irrelevant junk to me,a bit like you man .

no dude has ever paid this much attention to me,creeps me out, so give it a rest keep saving and you might get a new bike one day ,maybe.

By the way my brand new M8 is awesome , such a sweet little rig
Doesn't matter what forum it is - you should know that, you talk crap about TC`s no matter what forum, thread or post. Wow.....irrelevant? you sound butt hurt - LOL

Cooky..... creeping on you? dude I asked you a couple questions & you have a small rant - no doubt your pain med`s kicking in!

I hope your bike is awesome - maybe someday youll post a pic of it outside of the garage - you live down under with so much scenery there its a shame that bikes only pic is in a garage - just saying

Originally Posted by TomcatCV62
Wow, you love to mess with Cooky. Why not try to ignore him and move on. I think you just like to argue. If we're throwing around the opinion word....
I do huh? maybe I shouldn't be so rough on ole Snarf - man, he spilled out like some one unplugged his enema bag, but his posts are so predictably stupid - I just cant contain myself. I will try to ignore him, don't really like arguing, just calling him as I see him.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:59 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT
Doesn't matter what forum it is - you should know that, you talk crap about TC`s no matter what forum, thread or post. Wow.....irrelevant? you sound butt hurt - LOL

Cooky..... creeping on you? dude I asked you a couple questions & you have a small rant - no doubt your pain med`s kicking in!

I hope your bike is awesome - maybe someday youll post a pic of it outside of the garage - you live down under with so much scenery there its a shame that bikes only pic is in a garage - just saying

I do huh? maybe I shouldn't be so rough on ole Snarf - man, he spilled out like some one unplugged his enema bag, but his posts are so predictably stupid - I just cant contain myself. I will try to ignore him, don't really like arguing, just calling him as I see him.
He could come back at you and say where is your picture of your ride,just saying!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:23 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
You post away ,we really don't care!
and yet, you saw the need to reply.........

Quick Reply: Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion about the M8?