Sponsored by:

New Harley Incentive

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 03:48 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
you might find interesting. The point of this video is that Harley riders are switching brands. At least some are.

https://youtu.be/cvXcVBop2Ng
i seriously doubt anybody on a HD forum that ACTUALLY rides a HD gives a flying you know what who switches brands.....

Like seriously what is your deal with H-D??? We all get it your happy as can be with your German transformer thing a ma jigg.

Good 4 you but Trust me when I tell you........

Old 05-10-2018, 05:53 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15

i seriously doubt anybody on a HD forum that ACTUALLY rides a HD gives a flying you know what who switches brands.....

Like seriously what is your deal with H-D??? We all get it your happy as can be with your German transformer thing a ma jigg.

Good 4 you but Trust me when I tell you........

https://youtube/cvXcVBop2Ng

Anyone that's into motorcycles likes knowing about other brands. The numbers that see Harley as the only motorcycle are declining. I'm not knocking Harley, simply have a clear understanding of Harleys pros and cons, a clear understanding of what your buying when you buy a HD. Same for BMW K bikes. Harleys are great looking bikes.

Last edited by scottt; 05-10-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Hd589
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

https://youtube/cvXcVBop2Ng

Anyone that's into motorcycles likes knowing about other brands. The numbers that see Harley as the only motorcycle are declining. I'm not knocking Harley, simply have a clear understanding of Harleys pros and cons, a clear understanding of what your buying when you buy a HD. Same for BMW K bikes. Harleys are great looking bikes.
you’re too whiny to ride a harley but just perfect for a BMW so enjoy and anytime now stfu and move along.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Lol...

Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

The MoCo send me two of the $1500 off coupon codes and both arrived the same day.

I wonder if I can stack them on 1 new bike purchase for $3000 of their money on top of the best deal I can negotiate?

One local Dealer is already offering NADA retail book on your trade plus 0% financing to get folks in the store.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:27 PM
wiliturk
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If they are having a rebate on touring and softail only models, my guess is they want to move these bikes before the '19s come out. Could be a new frame or something big. I don't think the sky is falling and nobody is buying, that's bullshit. I frequent many dealerships here and their inventory is constantly changing.
As to the offer is only to certain individuals, that would be stupid on their part. That would probably come around and bite them in the ***. I bought a new touring bike last year and I haven't received any rebate offers, so wtf?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:43 PM
PA1195
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

I bought two new HD's last year and one this year (only own one now). Not on the current coupon list and received no card....I asked my dealer and they can look up who is eligible via their HD links.

So it seems HD is looking to recapture former owners on file for a previous purchase or those whose bike is now off warranty.

Thanks HD for the loyalty support. Oh well, time to ride.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:01 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,598 Likes on 4,448 Posts

Originally Posted by PA1195
So it seems HD is looking to recapture former owners on file for a previous purchase or those whose bike is now off warranty.
well if indeed this is for 2017 & 18 Touring and Soft Tails as the OP states, then can scratch off "or those whose bike is now off warranty"

Old 05-10-2018, 10:06 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,273 Posts

you might find interesting. The point of this video is that Harley riders are switching brands. At least some are.

https://youtu.be/cvXcVBop2Ng
I guess you missed the part where I walked into the dealer, cash in pocket, trying to buy a K1600B?

I fully understand the appeal of the bike. It's a hell of a lot of features for not a lot of money. And I'm sure there are a few guys who are migrating to it over the Harley offerings. Why wouldn't they? But then again, I'd really like to see the market share numbers, because last I knew, BMW was only importing something like 73 K1600GTs to all of North America for 2018. 73. That's 1.5 per state. Harley will sell something like 250,000 bikes this year. A good number will be Sportsters and Softails, but a big number will be touring bikes. That's why I say, they'll probably sell more Ultras this weekend, than BMW will sell K1600GTLs all year.

As far as "switching brands" -- see, I don't get the whole "buying into a brand" thing. My identity is not based on what phone I use or what bike I ride. My cars have been Toyota, Honda, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Chevy, Saturn, Nissan, Pontiac, and probably a few others I can't remember. I've ridden lots of Hondas, with the occasional Suzuki and Yamaha, and I cross-shopped Triumph, Ducati, BMW, and Honda before being knocked off my feet by the current Harley.

I'd love to add a K1600B or GA to my garage, if I can fit on it and if the dealer would ever bother to take the minimal step of ordering in a low seat to see if my 30" inseam can be made to work on that bike. But apparently they can't, so -- t'hell with 'em, I'm having a blast on the Harley for now.

The following users liked this post:
jammerx (05-16-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 11:34 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Quick Reply: New Harley Incentive