New Harley Incentive

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:55 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
https://youtube/cvXcVBop2Ng

Anyone that's into motorcycles likes knowing about other brands. The numbers that see Harley as the only motorcycle are declining. I'm not knocking Harley, simply have a clear understanding of Harleys pros and cons, a clear understanding of what your buying when you buy a HD. Same for BMW K bikes. Harleys are great looking bikes.
could you please stop writing on this post so us Harley guys can stay on topic. Thank you.

The following 3 users liked this post by GPHDXLC:
mjwebb (05-11-2018), roadpop (05-13-2018), talkingrock (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Hd589
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
https://youtube/cvXcVBop2Ng

Anyone that's into motorcycles likes knowing about other brands.
other brands??? You mean there’s other motorcycles out there..??? Wtf
Hope your flame suit is washable and reusable..
troll

Old 05-11-2018, 01:50 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5,220 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Was still trying to see if I could get the $1500 off on an '18 Limited Anniversary. (Working with a dealer in Milwaukee WI). They won't do it, below was the last response... So I have zero idea if/when I would get an email or something mailed, but if I pulled the trigger (because they will not come off MSRP on the Anniversary) and then I get this certificate two days after purchasing it.. Well that would suck..!

---------------------------
The 1,500 promo is for people who have been involved at the museum, or took a rider course or been involved some way with harley over the past couple of years.
It's their way to say thank you as part of this being an anniversary year.
Trust me, I wish we could give this offer out to everyone. It would make it easier for me as well. Unfortunately its through Harley Davidson themselves and they choose specifically who is eligible.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:54 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Wish I could give my incentive coupon to someone looking to buy a new bike. Feel honored that Harley sent me one. I assume it's because I have purchased 12 new Harleys in my past. If I could afford adding a new 18 Heritage 114 to my BMW K1600B or Bagger, I would.

The following 2 users liked this post by scottt:
G'day (05-12-2018), jamala00 (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 10:44 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
Was still trying to see if I could get the $1500 off on an '18 Limited Anniversary. (Working with a dealer in Milwaukee WI). They won't do it, below was the last response... So I have zero idea if/when I would get an email or something mailed, but if I pulled the trigger (because they will not come off MSRP on the Anniversary) and then I get this certificate two days after purchasing it.. Well that would suck..!

The 1,500 promo is for people who have been involved at the museum, or took a rider course or been involved some way with harley over the past couple of years.
Trust me, I wish we could give this offer out to everyone. It would make it easier for me as well. Unfortunately its through Harley Davidson themselves and they choose specifically who is eligible.
I got the discount card too and you are right the dealers i have checked with WILL NOT come off MSRP on the anniversary models but some guys on the web have claimed they got as much of 3000 off.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:49 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
I got the discount card too and you are right the dealers i have checked with WILL NOT come off MSRP on the anniversary models but some guys on the web have claimed they got as much of 3000 off.
you gotta take what you read on the Internet with a grain of salt.....

Now matter how great a deal you got on a new Harley someone on this forum will chime in on how they got better or heard or seen a better deal!!! Very few if any actual bill of sales posted but somehow someway they will criticize or 1 up you. So @ the end of the day if you got the bike you wanted @ the price you could afford then be happy and Ride On!

The following users liked this post:
jamala00 (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 10:52 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15

you gotta take what you read on the Internet with a grain of salt.....

Now matter how great a deal you got on a new Harley someone on this forum will chime in on how they got better or heard or seen a better deal!!! Very few if any actual bill of sales posted but somehow someway they will criticize or 1 up you. So @ the end of the day if you got the bike you wanted @ the price you could afford then be happy and Ride On!
I agree and dont believe it either. It was sarcasm

Old 05-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

"I guess you missed the part where I walked into the dealer, cash in pocket, trying to buy a K1600B? "

I probably would avoid a man with a bulge that large in his pants too!

Old 05-12-2018, 05:12 PM
mikebrls
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00

Not sure about the Limited but down here in Florida you can buy a Harley for a few hundred over MSRP out the door tax , tag , prep , dealer fee included , that few grand mite be worth the trip

Old 05-12-2018, 06:28 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5,220 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
That is awesome if they did! (I personally wouldn't believe it unless I seen proof) But I have tried a few different dealers here and I can not get them off MSRP for the Anniversary Limited. At least if I would get the Incentive that is $1500 off. They are still calling and emailing me asking "When you coming in?". I keep telling them, why should I pay full price when somebody else can walk in with a certificate and get $1500 off the exact bike I want? Told them get me the $1500 certificate and we'll talk. They even told me, they will honor the certificate IF I get it after buying the bike and refund me $1500. I said, nope sorry, I'm not going to buy it in hopes I get the certificate. I said, sell it to me $1500 off.. They wouldn't. O Well... At this point, it's not even about the $1500 Certificate, it's the principle of it for me. I've never seen a car dealer have an incentive only for specific individuals? idk... just my 2 cents. Good for the guys who got it, and I am sure there are a lot of guys who got one that won't even use it...Why can't they pass it on? A sale is a sale, why does it matter who used it? I don't get it.

Last edited by jamala00; 05-12-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: New Harley Incentive