Sponsored by:

Bassani DNT's with Thunder Torque Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM
sgt_gman2005
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
No I didn't take any pictures, but I could get some tonight if it is important to you. I used the 258's. I can't give you any help with street cannons. I just know that I perceive that the sound/tone is better with the TTI's installed. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet because I'm doing some cosmetic work on the bike.
if you don’t mind, pictures and videos would be great. a lot of stage II cam threads discuss about sensitivity on backpressure, etc., after installing aftermarket cams. trying to get some options for those big diameter slip-ons

thanks

Old 05-16-2018, 09:43 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,745 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by sgt_gman2005

if you don’t mind, pictures and videos would be great. a lot of stage II cam threads discuss about sensitivity on backpressure, etc., after installing aftermarket cams. trying to get some options for those big diameter slip-ons

thanks
I can do pictures, but I have the dash off the bike so I am not going to run it.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sgt_gman2005
$tonecold, do you have pictures on how you installed specifically on the end cap? What size of TTIs did you use? I wonder if the Street Cannons will have similar improvements. Thanks.
the baffles in the street cannons is pretty small compared to the DNTs. I think they are 2” or a little smaller?? I have the street cannons and couldn’t imagine choking them off even more. Won’t know till ya try it I guess.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:50 AM
sgt_gman2005
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I can do pictures, but I have the dash off the bike so I am not going to run it.
$tonecold, thanks for your time. that looks awesome.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:30 PM
vivid_black
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Stonecold,

I am running Bassani DNT's and am about to add a Woods 22X cam. I am hoping that the Thunder Torque Inserts would restore the inevitable bottom end torque loss. How did they work for you?

Old 09-14-2018, 05:25 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

Originally Posted by vivid_black
Hi Stonecold,

I am running Bassani DNT's and am about to add a Woods 22X cam. I am hoping that the Thunder Torque Inserts would restore the inevitable bottom end torque loss. How did they work for you?
I don't know that they are as good as the stock cans with the Fullsac cores, but they work pretty good. They are good enough that the seat of the pants dyno doesn't see much difference. You may see some on an actual dyno though. They sound excellent. I think when I do the 117" big bore they might work well with that. I still have the stock cans with the 2" Fullsac cores so we might have to see how they compare.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:49 PM
fourburgs
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I know this is a old post but what size Torque inserts did you go with ? I cant find baffle size for DNT's anywhere and I don't have the bike right now .

Old 01-08-2021, 07:09 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fourburgs
I know this is a old post but what size Torque inserts did you go with ? I cant find baffle size for DNT's anywhere and I don't have the bike right now .
i believe he went with the 258

Old 01-08-2021, 11:23 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

Originally Posted by pittz5

the baffles in the street cannons is pretty small compared to the DNTs. I think they are 2” or a little smaller?? I have the street cannons and couldn’t imagine choking them off even more. Won’t know till ya try it I guess.
Originally Posted by fourburgs
Yeah, it was the 258’s.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:18 AM
fourburgs
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Was just a band aid or a real help ?

Quick Reply: Bassani DNT's with Thunder Torque Inserts