Sponsored by:

I own one so I can say Harley's are JUNK for what we spend

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 05:30 AM
Oz Dan
Tourer
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Quinn

If you don't give this up soon,all them negative vibes gonna fry your brain!
Gonna? Have!

The following users liked this post:
Peter Quinn (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Quinn

If you don't give this up soon,all them negative vibes gonna fry your brain!
Lol, this entire thread is about trashing HD, but somehow my comment about “opening eyes” is negative??? Can I buy a ticket to your comedy show?

Old 02-18-2019, 06:50 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

Lol, this entire thread is about trashing HD, but somehow my comment about “opening eyes” is negative??? Can I buy a ticket to your comedy show?
At this point in time I have over count less $$$$ and hours in my bike to make it mine, ( will blow any CVO out the water) and enjoy riding it but I will stand behind that 26,000 for this bike is nuts. I just bought a new car to go back and forth to work a 2019 Honda Civic Si and it was 22,000 and has way more tech in it than my sgs

Last edited by DRBUICK; 02-18-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:01 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
At this point in time I have over count less $$$$ and hours in my bike to make it mine, ( will blow any CVO out the water) and enjoy riding it but I will stand behind that 26,000 for this bike is nuts. I just bought a new car to go back and forth to work a 2019 Honda Civic Si and it was 22,000 and has way more tech in it than my sgs
To be more specific, your exact quote is “I own one so I can say Harley's are JUNK for what we spend'.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:09 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

To be more specific, your exact quote is “I own one so I can say Harley's are JUNK for what we spend'.

and they ARE

Old 02-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

and they ARE
Anyone that's been in this game long enough knows the tax. Those first time buyers always get a surprise but I agree with you that we don't get our money's worth.
Spending 40k on a CVO is just nuts but to each their own.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,476 Likes on 1,062 Posts

and they ARE
I think there's a difference in saying for what we spend, they are junk and for what we spend, they lack some bells and whistles. If I wanted something with all the bells and whistles, Id buy a goldwing or bmw. I wanted a harley. Harleys are more about riding and enjoying the ride than whether or not I can raise and lower the windshield by pushing a button. But I will admit......I do enjoy the radio and navigation and other amenities that ARE included on the touring harleys. Just my take.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:02 PM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I've owned BMWs, Ducatis, KTMs, Triumphs, and Harleys. BMWs were the most unreliable ones by far, but none of them I could consider flawless. That title goes to my two Hondas I've owned. Doesn't make me want to run out and get another though - most boring bikes I've ever owned.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:26 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by polbit
I've owned BMWs, Ducatis, KTMs, Triumphs, and Harleys. BMWs were the most unreliable ones by far, but none of them I could consider flawless. That title goes to my two Hondas I've owned. Doesn't make me want to run out and get another though - most boring bikes I've ever owned.
I would agree. The Hondas I have owned were boring and had no soul. the Kawis I have owned have been great bikes and reliable, Suzuki s were fun, fast and not as reliable as the others. My Harleys have been my pride and joy. Met a lot of cool people and had some great times. I think they are pricey but I do love them.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
I would agree. The Hondas I have owned were boring and had no soul. the Kawis I have owned have been great bikes and reliable, Suzuki s were fun, fast and not as reliable as the others. My Harleys have been my pride and joy. Met a lot of cool people and had some great times. I think they are pricey but I do love them.
There is a price point of exclusion for the high end, tourers and cruisers yes that is a fact,so buy a Sporty or Street if you're beneath the cut off ,these bikes suit a huge number of first time and lower income H-D buyers.Those bikes are at a lower entry price point and a high percentile of Sporty and Street buyers turn into repeat sales in the exclusion zone later on so H-D wins again.If you can afford it buy it, we all did.The House always wins.
Peace

Quick Reply: I own one so I can say Harley's are JUNK for what we spend