Sponsored by:

'19 M8 Boom GTS CarPlay Hack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 10:02 AM
CapoDelToro
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kllrvet
I can flash all 2019 Boom GTS radio to make CarPlay function with no other equipment needed. Too bad everyone isnt near where I am.
Im in Broward. Right across the alley. I can ride there this weekend. Let's talk turkey! How long? How much? What's the procedure?

Old 03-28-2019, 12:38 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
From what I could tell...No. There was an option for "wireless", meaning the phone didn't have to be plugged in for CarPlay to work, like it does now. But no mic less option. I was standing right next to the tech when he was activating some stuff for me and we didn't see it as an option.
It would be great if you'd go back there and have the option checked and see if it's actually wireless (no phone connected to wires). I highly doubt it is as there's only like 1-2 auto manufacturers that even have it and 1 aftermarket radio brand that does last time I looked.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:42 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
It would be great if you'd go back there and have the option checked and see if it's actually wireless (no phone connected to wires). I highly doubt it is as there's only like 1-2 auto manufacturers that even have it and 1 aftermarket radio brand that does last time I looked.
Or you could take your bike in and have them do it. Or ask one of the techs at your local HD shop to look into it for you. I don't care about wireless CarPlay, that's why I didn't have him turn it on when he asked. Hell it may not work, all I can tell you is I saw the check box and the tech doing the updates to my radio asked if I wanted it. And there was nothing for mic less CarPlay.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:53 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Ok,
I'd like to see if anyone has info for us non iOS people of the world. I hear there may be a stand alone Android Car Play option out there. If we can find something like that on a USB or similar could it possibly be installed? Anyone know of someone working on something like that?

Old 03-30-2019, 02:06 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Or you could take your bike in and have them do it. Or ask one of the techs at your local HD shop to look into it for you. I don't care about wireless CarPlay, that's why I didn't have him turn it on when he asked. Hell it may not work, all I can tell you is I saw the check box and the tech doing the updates to my radio asked if I wanted it. And there was nothing for mic less CarPlay.
I could do it but I didn't have a bike with a GTS radio then. But instead of you lying to everybody on here, you could just say you effed up and didn't know what your talking about...just saying LMFAO.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraSteveUSAF
Ok,
I'd like to see if anyone has info for us non iOS people of the world. I hear there may be a stand alone Android Car Play option out there. If we can find something like that on a USB or similar could it possibly be installed? Anyone know of someone working on something like that?
I wish there was as well, but I haven't seen anything.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:00 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
I could do it but I didn't have a bike with a GTS radio then. But instead of you lying to everybody on here, you could just say you effed up and didn't know what your talking about...just saying LMFAO.
If you want to find out if I'm lying about something so stupid go ask you your self....just saying. And I told you before I don't know if it works just that it was a selectable tab in the Digitech. You seem pretty worried about it so go ask. If you got any more issues with it PM me.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:31 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

As much as I enjoy a good argument, Opinions belong to us. If you don't like it said to you please don't say it in public to someone else. I enjoy this web site because there is no drama. We all enjoy riding lets remember that.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:28 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Exclamation

If you want to find out if I'm lying about something so stupid go ask you your self....just saying. And I told you before I don't know if it works just that it was a selectable tab in the Digitech. You seem pretty worried about it so go ask. If you got any more issues with it PM me.
Went to the dealer (actually 2 dealers) for other things yesterday. Talked with the tech, pulled up a bike with their computer, there is no wireless CarPlay period. (and I really wish there was). There is a setting to turn on the wireless interface module (WHIM).

Last edited by load97; 03-31-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:30 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Arrow

Originally Posted by UltraSteveUSAF
As much as I enjoy a good argument, Opinions belong to us. If you don't like it said to you please don't say it in public to someone else. I enjoy this web site because there is no drama. We all enjoy riding lets remember that.
There is no opinions. Just true/false here. It's a fact - No wireless. No need to be muddling up a thread with completely incorrect info for people.(Regardless of saying, well that's what the tech said/showed.)

Last edited by load97; 03-31-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: '19 M8 Boom GTS CarPlay Hack?