Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of threads on Sumping these days. Issue fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
You voided your warranty by using an aftermarket tuner. The EPA Consent Decree is Crystal clear on that. But you hid the evidence so Harley wouldn't find out. You edited your posts to cover your tracks. Your warranty was voided by the letter of the law, yet hiding that info from Harley fraudulently caused them to go to tremendous expense when they didn't have to and in fact had been ordered by the court not to.

I'm not confused about anything. You have a history of claiming something, and when you get push back you always, always say "I never said that!!!"

Your routine is growing stale.
My warranty was never voided. All my warranty work was fully covered. My 2017 CVO Limited was an open book for Harley or my dealership to inspect to ensure it was compliant under the terms of factory warranty. And my bike was fully compliant. If it wasn't, the sumping claims would have been denied.

I have no clue what you are talking about relatively to HD going to court. Sounds like someone is hitting the sauce a little too early. As I've said before and will likely say again, if you have a problem with my posts.... well .... that's a problem you'll need to address on your own. because I ain't going anywhere. I stand by my challenge.... go ahead... try and find any post where I bad mouth HD.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:21 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,744 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
My warranty was never voided. All my warranty work was fully covered. My 2017 CVO Limited was an open book for Harley or my dealership to inspect to ensure it was compliant under the terms of factory warranty. And my bike was fully compliant. If it wasn't, the sumping claims would have been denied.

I have no clue what you are talking about relatively to HD going to court. Sounds like someone is hitting the sauce a little too early. As I've said before and will likely say again, if you have a problem with my posts.... well .... that's a problem you'll need to address on your own. because I ain't going anywhere. I stand by my challenge.... go ahead... try and find any post where I bad mouth HD.
So tell us...Did you or did you not edit your old posts to remove any evidence of you performing warranty voiding modifications?

I know the answer but want to hear you say it.

Last edited by lp; 11-14-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by strych9
But you did edit posts to hide your malfeasance, right? In fact, you're the reason why we can no longer edit older posts. We have you to thank for that.

Last time you challenged us to show you one of your posts that you said you didn't say, well...I did. As usual, you spun it.

Keep yappin'; you have no credibility with the membership except maybe with the new kids and the uninformed. You aren't fooling most of us.
I don't get credibility from you or anyone else. I'm not selling anything and I have nothing to gain from others on the forum. Therefore credibility is utterly irrelevant to me. If someone finds the information I share useful, then "mission accomplished". If others don't find it useful...so what??...who cares?? It doesn't change anything for you or me or anyone else. Credibility on an open forum is meaningless unless the person posting has something to gain or lose. I have nothing to gain or lose so credibility is meaningless. If I can help a few guys by "paying it forward"... then all is good from my perspective.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by lp
So tell us...Did you or did you not edit your old posts to remove any evidence of you performing warranty voiding modifications?

I know the answer but want to hear you say it.
The 2 things are not mutually inclusive. Editing posts does not necessarily have anything to do with modifications that impact a bike's warranty. My bike was fully compliant from a warranty perspective (as HD confirmed) AND I edited posts. Just like I edit almost all of my posts... after the fact. What you neglect to remember is that I had the SE Street Tuner installed on my bike from shortly after delivery which is a fully compliant tuner.

Last edited by Heatwave; 11-14-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:45 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,181 Likes on 3,525 Posts

Spin city.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Heatwave

“Fact” city.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:45 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

The 2 things are not mutually inclusive. Editing posts does not necessarily have anything to do with modifications that impact a bike's warranty. My bike was fully compliant from a warranty perspective (as HD confirmed) AND I edited posts. Just like I edit almost all of my posts... after the fact. What you neglect to remember is that I had the SE Street Tuner installed on my bike from shortly after delivery which is a fully compliant tuner.
Uh huh. Fact city huh?

So here is a quote of yours (that you tried to delete) that shows your lyin *** changing history (again) to spin things in your favor.
Taken from the below thread where all can see you trying to remove evidence that could have had HD voiding your warranty.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...ose-vents.html

I have a 2017 CVO Limited that has been upgraded with the Stage IV kit, Street Cannons, FM Jackpot headpipe and FM tuning with Powervision. I gained some insight this weekend about how this new Twin-Cooled M8 engine manages temps and I figured I would share with the forum.

The advantage of this build with the Powervision is the ability to view lots of data about the engine while I'm riding under normal conditions. I have the 6 gauge screen setup on my PV to view " Engine Temp", "Head Temp" and "Coolant Temp" and other metrics. I had the chance this past weekend to observe the relationship of these various temps on a day when the air temps started at 30 degrees and finished near 70 degrees.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by lp
Uh huh. Fact city huh?

So here is a quote of yours (that you tried to delete) that shows your lyin *** changing history (again) to spin things in your favor.
Taken from the below thread where all can see you trying to remove evidence that could have had HD voiding your warranty.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...ose-vents.html
Different ECU. Fact city.

Last edited by Heatwave; 11-14-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:51 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,242 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Dude, you're utterly impossible to even communicate with. You twist words every which way and slide and slip and dodge like the most experienced politician. You lie, you change words, you accuse other people of lying, you claim you never said what you clearly did say, and you make ad hominem attacks on people who call you out.

Here's the simplest example. In post #76, which you can't edit to change now, you said
IMO, riding an M8 on twisty “crooked” roads in the hands of a good rider that knows how to have “fun” on these types of roads will bring out sumping in MOST M8s. Argue if you wish, but I believe if PeakSeaker (or myself) took most M8s out on this type of crooked road, we could make almost ANY M8 bike sump.
Then, in the very same thread, you disavowed your own words by telling LP
I don’t know who you’re quoting but if you’re going to use quotes at least do some basic checking instead of making the quotes up. You won’t find a quote of mine where I say ”every” M8 sumps. I have said that If a bike will sump I can make it happen. I also believe MOST M8s can be made to show signs of sumping with riding that would not have caused sumping with a TC or other past HD engines.
There is a massive difference between "we could make almost ANY M8 bike sump" and "If a bike will sump I can make it happen."

One of those statements is an alarmist, FUDdist declaration that every M8 owner has a defective time bomb on their hands. Which is exactly the kind of thing I've been complaining about you saying -- it's baseless, you're wrong, and your only possible hope in continuing to say things like this is to damage Harley.

But let's look at your example anyway. You're the self-appointed king of sumping, who says (in your own words and with your own capitalization) "a good rider ... will bring out sumping in MOST M8s" and "we could make almost ANY M8 bike sump." It's hogwash, utter hogwash, and I'll use YOUR OWN EXAMPLE to prove it.

You say you can make almost ANY M8 bike sump. Yet, your own experience proved you were UNABLE to make ANY M8 engine sump, unless it was a CVO Stage IV.

The M8 comes in a lot of varieties and a lot of different bikes, of varying weights from 650 to nearly 1000 pounds, whether 107, 114, or 117 ci, with different cams, injectors, throttle bodies, etc. You have sumped a grand total of ONE of those combinations, and utterly failed repeatedly to sump any other combination.

Let's look at your track record:
# of oil-cooled Softail engines sumped: 0
# of oil-cooled Touring engines sumped: 0
# of twin-cooled stock CVO engines sumped: 0 out of 2
# of modified, powervisioned, Jackpot-headered twin-cooled CVO Stage IV engines sumped: 1
# of twin-cooled CVO Stage IV engines sumped: 2 out of 3.

You sumped a modified, jackpot-headered, Powervisioned CVO Stage IV (which, frankly, doesn't sound that hard to do, since a huge percentage of the sumping reports we have are from Stage IV bikes). They put a new stock engine, and you couldn't sump it even after trying. They upgraded it to Stage IV, and you sumped it. They put in a new stock engine, and you tried repeatedly to sump it, and could not. In fact, you tried for 8 months to get it to sump, and you couldn't. So then you upgraded that engine to Stage IV, and you sumped it. They then put in another CVO Stage IV engine in, and you tried your damndest to sump it and were unable to.

Your own experience has shown that you can't sump "most" Harleys, in fact you've only ever been able to sump a CVO Stage IV, and even then not every time.

Your rhetoric is toxic and misleading. You lie, you try to cover up your lies, you accuse people of misquoting you, you accuse them of being "drunk" when they point out the facts. Well, for everyone interested, this thread holds the facts, and points to your own words, which you cannot edit and change. (although next you'll probably claim that your account was hacked and someone else made those posts about the PowerVision).

Last edited by FatBob2018; 11-14-2018 at 06:05 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by FatBob2018:
bradsULtd (11-15-2018), lp (11-14-2018), strych9 (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 05:54 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Different ECU.
So that's how you tricked HD? Good admission.
Same bike though, same engine, same should have been voided warranty, same guy saying he didn't change posts, same guy that caused us to loose the ability to edit posts, thus...same guy with no credibility.

Dude you're a straight up liar. A liar. Exposed Sir.

The following users liked this post:
strych9 (11-14-2018)

Quick Reply: Lack of threads on Sumping these days. Issue fixed?