cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Looks like I'm in line to spend some bike loot. Sounds great

Old 11-07-2018, 06:57 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

My scoot goes to the indy tomorrow for some upgrades - one of which will be the AIM light force

Old 11-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Just got mine from Eastern Performance. Not too difficult to do. About an hour. Pain in *** to bleed but other than that it's straight forward.

Cons: pricey, messy, bleeding is a pain.
Pros: replaces HD garbage, super light clutch, and friction zone is right off the bar.

If you are on the fence...Do it! Def worth every penny. I do a lot of cone courses and this makes all the difference with the HD clutch.

The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Johnny Goodlife
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Timberjkd
Just got mine from Eastern Performance. Not too difficult to do. About an hour. Pain in *** to bleed but other than that it's straight forward.

Pros: replaces HD garbage, super light clutch, and friction zone is right off the bar.

If you are on the fence...Do it! Def worth every penny. I do a lot of cone courses and this makes all the difference with the HD clutch.
How much were they selling for?

Old 11-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

They are $280.

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Johnny Goodlife
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamma742
They are $280.

Nice, I see they are also selling on Ebay. (out of stock at the moment) Ill scoop up when Ebay offers their coupons.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

I have been thinking hard about paying more Harley tax and getting this part for my King. Does it alone really move the take up point closer to the bar/grip? I like the take up out like the standard slave. I hate having to gorilla grip a clutch lever or push a clutch pedal to the floor if I can get the same work done at the first 1/3 of the stroke and not fry the clutch.

Congrats on being a cone man. Thats one thing I've wanted to do with my King. Bike-X'ing reminds me of SCCA Auto-X'ing. Loved the cones!

Old 11-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by psyshack
I have been thinking hard about paying more Harley tax and getting this part for my King. Does it alone really move the take up point closer to the bar/grip? I like the take up out like the standard slave. I hate having to gorilla grip a clutch lever or push a clutch pedal to the floor if I can get the same work done at the first 1/3 of the stroke and not fry the clutch.

Congrats on being a cone man. Thats one thing I've wanted to do with my King. Bike-X'ing reminds me of SCCA Auto-X'ing. Loved the cones!
cones are fun. The new aim slave cylinder is really worth the money. I hated the way the old one came so far off the bar and the friction Zone was so small. The bike starts to move right off the bar with the new slave. The friction Zone seems to be a little wider as well. I bought it knowing I had to do something because of the new Harley recall. So I decided instead of going with another possibly inferior Harley part I just upgraded to aim.
I don't think you would have a problem gorilla gripping the lever because it's not like a cable with tension. The effort needed in traffic with the standard slave and the aim slave is like night and day.

Last edited by Timberjkd; 11-10-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

cones are fun.

Cones???

Old 11-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gamma742