Sponsored by:

Has anyone a warranty claim denied due to non-EPA mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 06:48 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by STRADALE

Most of those deleted posts were mine. I posted about the EPA/consent decree, emissions equipment, political climates regarding EPA regulations under different administrations,,, guess I really got under someone’s skin & got told on aka ratted out by a so called “biker” on a Harley forum! LoL! It is kinda funny though.... Didn’t even realize the mention of regulation policies & politics relevant to a discussion about epa/government rulings on emissions equipment was a violation of the TOS?

The PM I received from a moderator:

Anywho doesn’t matter,,,,,, if message boards are like some say; a breeding grounds for “over-reporting problems”, doesn’t appear like warranty denial is a big one & regulations like this one will continue to ease w/ the new EPA chief, thank God! Sucks for anyone that lost/will lose their warranty though & Harley was unfairly targeted, don’t blame the MoCo though, the AMA & the MoCo obviously wasn’t in favor of being hammered like this by the EPA & it’s the customers that actually lose out. I know I’ll continue to remove bs emissions equipment & tune my bikes the way I see fit regardless..
You think too highly of yourself, your **** got dumped for the politics nothing else the PM tells you that.

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (12-31-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 06:57 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

Well TriGeezer after 22 posts counting mine you have 1 warranty denial so far. As for myself on my last 2 new Harley's there was no warranty work needed

Old 12-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
What the heck did some of you guys post that resulted in deletion by a moderator?
I wish the moderators were as diligent about moving posts like the ones about 2018 heritage foot pegs in the M8 forum to where they belong as they are about politics.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:34 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

I have a completely stock engine with rineharts slip on exhaust. not one claim denied.

The warrantee clearly states reasons for denial. why would someone do something that voids the warrantee and complain about the warrantee being denied. Do they think that HD was kidding. It was a big deal when this came out and I bet cash money the dealer told the owners that this may void the warrantee. Even if the dealer said no problem, I learned to read a very long time ago and I tend to comprehend what I read.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:39 PM
STRADALE
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You think too highly of yourself, your **** got dumped for the politics nothing else the PM tells you that.
Geez so hostile, chill brah.....It’s okay if you want to admit you’re wrong, got it TwiZted & apologize. I mean ya know, that’s what a stand-up guy would do,,,,if not no worries mate & God bless.

Below PM was also sent to me from the moderator so might help others as well:

Thanks for the reply.

(1) All PM's are readable by Admin so I'll keep this within the bounds of their limits.

(2) Yes, your posts were reported.

(3) Yes, the forum has changed significantly over the last year or so.

As I looked at your posts (that were deleted), those would have been fine (IMHO) a year ago. Now, we have members that, IMHO, spend a significant amount of their time searching for offending posts and hitting the Report button. Some have become hyper-sensitive and will report just about anything that mildly approaches bending the rules or "offends" them.

Hope that helps!

Xxxx-xxxx
Nothing in the TOS says I broke or even bent any rules. And I said nothing that a reasonable person would find offensive or got personal with anybody, my rant was at the epa & certain government regulations/ policies. So if somebody doesn’t agree with you, instead of just saying so, there’s a good chance they’ll just act like a teenage female & report you for harming their sensitive feelings....Like I said; think it’s funny how some supposed “bikers” act, LoL!

But it’s so unimportant/sail boat fuel, let’s move on, back on topic. Cheers!!!

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 07:45 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Do like wagging your dick don't you.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:50 PM
STRADALE
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Do like wagging your dick don't you.
You would too,,, if you could,,, LoL!

But really? The first thing that comes to your mind after being totally wrong is my “wagging dick”,, are we on some kinda different website? 😁

Petty much the response I expected,, well not that embarrassing but ya know, you didn’t disappoint Mr. T. “Biker”.

Go ahead,, promise you have the last word, you started this stuff & now you can finish it, let see how you do,, go!

Old 12-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Teenage girls ARE offended!

Old 12-01-2018, 09:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by STRADALE

You would too,,, if you could,,, LoL!

But really? The first thing that comes to your mind after being totally wrong is my “wagging dick”,, are we on some kinda different website? 😁

Petty much the response I expected,, well not that embarrassing but ya know, you didn’t disappoint Mr. T. “Biker”.

Go ahead,, promise you have the last word, you started this stuff & now you can finish it, let see how you do,, go!

Are we going to have a problem ? You sure seen hell bent on trying to push buttons for some reason. Far the rest of this bit of drama you keep trying to drum up I said my piece and went on about my business, had nothing to more to say about it.

You're the expert here it seems so knock yourself out.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts
The following 4 users liked this post by Keithhu:
GPHDXLC (12-01-2018), IdahoHacker (12-03-2018), psyshack (12-02-2018), VDeuce (12-02-2018)

Quick Reply: Has anyone a warranty claim denied due to non-EPA mods