Trip Summary

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 10:01 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Trip Summary

Originally Posted by painey
Checked my 'Trip Summary' screen yesterday after doing a trip via the nav and my mpg was over 1200!
The above is quoted from another thread, I didn’t want to hijack the thread.

My Trip Summay is blank - how do I get it to display info? Do I need to create a trip via navigation? My preference would be to just have it display data and I could reset when I stop for gas or some other interval (kinda like I do with Trip A when I get gas) - will it work like that?

I looked in the manual but didn’t see anything.

Mike

Old 12-25-2018, 10:37 AM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by RockerMike

The above is quoted from another thread, I didn’t want to hijack the thread.

My Trip Summay is blank - how do I get it to display info? Do I need to create a trip via navigation? My preference would be to just have it display data and I could reset when I stop for gas or some other interval (kinda like I do with Trip A when I get gas) - will it work like that?

I looked in the manual but didn’t see anything.

Mike
I normally leave my GPS map screen displayed as I like to see the names of the side streets I am approaching. Also, I finally figured out (LOL) I could turn off the clock in the lower right corner of the screen and turn on the speedometer. Much easier to read than the stock speedo and it's probably more accurate also. So, I've only done a couple of "trips" using the GPS and those times the GPS wasn't really necessary but I was learning. And, yeah, your trip summary won't accumulate anything unless you are on a "trip". And the couple of times I got trip summary data I was really getting good mpg--always between 42-49 mpg. Someone told me the mpg calculation on the trip summary is BS so I'm now writing down the amount of gas I put in every time I fill it and will divide it out the old fashioned way after a few more trips to determine my actual for real average mileage--but it may be Spring before I get a few more tanks in the calculation. We will see.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:42 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,626 Likes on 5,180 Posts

Originally Posted by KYRGultra
I normally leave my GPS map screen displayed as I like to see the names of the side streets I am approaching. Also, I finally figured out (LOL) I could turn off the clock in the lower right corner of the screen and turn on the speedometer. Much easier to read than the stock speedo and it's probably more accurate also. So, I've only done a couple of "trips" using the GPS and those times the GPS wasn't really necessary but I was learning. And, yeah, your trip summary won't accumulate anything unless you are on a "trip". And the couple of times I got trip summary data I was really getting good mpg--always between 42-49 mpg. Someone told me the mpg calculation on the trip summary is BS so I'm now writing down the amount of gas I put in every time I fill it and will divide it out the old fashioned way after a few more trips to determine my actual for real average mileage--but it may be Spring before I get a few more tanks in the calculation. We will see.
Then if you want your clock back to can high light the flag on the left and have it display clock in current time or arrival time among a list of other things. My second bike with this system on it and while the toys are not a big deal for me always stumbling on things it can do.

Last edited by smitty901; 12-25-2018 at 11:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KYRGultra (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 12:13 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Tagging for a topic of interest.

Old 12-25-2018, 12:55 PM
RockerMike
Road Master

Originally Posted by KYRGultra
And, yeah, your trip summary won't accumulate anything unless you are on a "trip". .
I just can’t understand why Harley will not let us see data that is readily available. Every other car and bike I have allows you to see this data when you simply reset the trip odometer.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:26 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,627 Likes on 1,532 Posts

When you fuel up, create a route from your current location to a destination you will never reach. When you fuel up again, you can display the current trip summary to view mpg, average speed, miles traveled, etc. Delete the current route, and repeat for the next tank of fuel. FWIW, the trip summary mpg can be misleading.

The following 3 users liked this post by barneyboy:
KYRGultra (12-25-2018), RockerMike (12-25-2018), smitty901 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-25-2018, 01:28 PM
RockerMike
Road Master

Thanks barneyboy - I’ll create a trip to Plover, Wi

Old 12-25-2018, 08:06 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,627 Likes on 1,532 Posts

Thanks barneyboy - I’ll create a trip to Plover, Wi
LOL, you'd probably be the first.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

I just can’t understand why Harley will not let us see data that is readily available. Every other car and bike I have allows you to see this data when you simply reset the trip odometer.
I’m sure Harley will sell you something in the future to allow this.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:13 AM
Cobra1
Road Warrior

Received 1,289 Likes on 523 Posts

My mpg was always high but after I installed a tuner (FP3) I found a field to adjust this. Sorry don’t remember name but I do remember that I doubled the number to start and adjusted down from there to get MPG spot on now.

Quick Reply: Trip Summary