Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 05:16 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Those bars look badass on the Roadglide!

Old 04-27-2019, 03:23 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by NCmtnsrider
Finished getting the bars installed and adjusted this morning before the monsoon rains showed up. Had to clear the codes for disconnecting the gage cluster but all is good. Cables are all tucked in and just have to refit my crg bar end mirror on the left grip internally. I didn't care for the mirrors with stock bars and I'm using the CRG flip out lane splitter which shows both behind and the left hand side of the road. Of course I may have gained 2 mph for that mod....hahahaha. Thanks to Mikes300 and VRADMAN for helping with my questions. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow when it's dry but its definitely something I should have installed when they first came out.
Good you were able to get it finished up, the ride will be great.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:24 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
wait until you ride it, it feels like a completely different bike, so much nicer
Yep +1 that

Old 04-28-2019, 06:04 PM
NCmtnsrider
Advanced
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Just got back from the maiden voyage with the new bars installed. To say it transformed the bike is an understatement!!!! Going thru the mtn roads near my house with fresh tar is just amazing and the handling of the bike has really changed. I already have some ohlins from Howard installed from the last year and with the 114 Stage 3 the bars have really changed the whole riding experience. It reminds me of being on my old CB900F and CB1100F Supersport with superbike bars on. It was definitely a change worth doing and as long as you take the time with getting the wires ran thru and plenty of helpful notes from other members it can be done. Heres some pics from today but hopefully the sun and pollen show what the chrome versions look like.

Last edited by NCmtnsrider; 04-28-2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: changing size of pics
Old 04-29-2019, 02:13 PM
ICE_BREAKER68
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cosmic Razorback,
I like the look of your bars on the bike. I'm looking at get the same ones, in a gloss black for a 2017 Ultra Limited. My concern is not being able to get all the wires/cables back inside the bars. It looks like you may have the 1" bars. I'm looking to get into 1 1/4". Although the thicker bars should aide in getting the wires/cables back in, the concerns comes in with the upright 90 degree corner. Did you have any issues? Any tips or tricks you can provide?

Thanks

Old 04-12-2020, 04:11 AM
johnnyhumble
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't understand why Yaffe told me these bars wont work on my 16 RGU...he also stated they will hit the fairing, but I see you guys have them installed, do the bars hit the fairing?

Old 04-12-2020, 07:39 AM
VRADMAN
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

They do not but I do have 1” drop kit on my fairing. So not sure if that is required or not but I wouldn’t think so. There is plenty of room.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by ICE_BREAKER68
Cosmic Razorback,
I like the look of your bars on the bike. I'm looking at get the same ones, in a gloss black for a 2017 Ultra Limited. My concern is not being able to get all the wires/cables back inside the bars. It looks like you may have the 1" bars. I'm looking to get into 1 1/4". Although the thicker bars should aide in getting the wires/cables back in, the concerns comes in with the upright 90 degree corner. Did you have any issues? Any tips or tricks you can provide?

Thanks
I didn’t have any issue with mine, took my time feeding the wires, wasn’t hard at at all.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:51 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnnyhumble
I don't understand why Yaffe told me these bars wont work on my 16 RGU...he also stated they will hit the fairing, but I see you guys have them installed, do the bars hit the fairing?
ya that’s weird, what’s different about the ultra? l can roll mine forward and get the levers to hit at full lock, but just roll them back a bit and it’s not a problem.

The following users liked this post:
johnnyhumble (04-13-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 10:54 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NCmtnsrider

Just got back from the maiden voyage with the new bars installed. To say it transformed the bike is an understatement!!!! Going thru the mtn roads near my house with fresh tar is just amazing and the handling of the bike has really changed. I already have some ohlins from Howard installed from the last year and with the 114 Stage 3 the bars have really changed the whole riding experience. It reminds me of being on my old CB900F and CB1100F Supersport with superbike bars on. It was definitely a change worth doing and as long as you take the time with getting the wires ran thru and plenty of helpful notes from other members it can be done. Heres some pics from today but hopefully the sun and pollen show what the chrome versions look like.
I know right, I stil l can’t wrap my head around bars that are chest high or higher? My racing background just won’t let me sit back and hang from my bars, it just feels wrong to me. I love theses bars

The following users liked this post:
yobtaf103 (04-25-2020)

Quick Reply: 6" Yaffe Monkey Sport Bars for Road Glide