Sponsored by:

First 130 inch Milwaukee 8 fire up

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 09:06 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
I'm sure Steve has some ideas. I know there have been problems with the seats in the CNC's. I don't know if your problems have gone beyond that .

One thing that wouldn't cost anything but time would be to install a set of stock heads. They flow as good as most TC heads do that are ported. I know it seems counter intuitive, but the M8 doesn't play by the rules we're used to.
my C&C ones cracked between the seats. I'm leaving what I do up to Rick and Steve I just own the bike and do the labor. LOL

Old 02-25-2019, 09:21 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
my C&C ones cracked between the seats. I'm leaving what I do up to Rick and Steve I just own the bike and do the labor. LOL
Hey you forgot "and pay all expenses!"

I was told a story by a friend that has ported lots of heads through the years about a set he was doing for I think a Triumph Triple. Said he worked on them, looked great on the bench, more flow than he had ever gotten out of a like set of heads and when they were installed and tested they failed miserably. Rick and Steve are probably your best bet at this point. I do believe there is more power to be had from that motor.

I think you are leaving some HP on the table with the D&D. From what I have seen of that pipe it makes torque quickly and then drops off some on the big end. Have you considered the Fullsac X pipe? I have one I would be willing to loan you if you pay the freight both ways.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:36 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master

I was told a story by a friend that has ported lots of heads through the years about a set he was doing for I think a Triumph Triple. Said he worked on them, looked great on the bench, more flow than he had ever gotten out of a like set of heads and when they were installed and tested they failed miserably. Rick and Steve are probably your best bet at this point. I do believe there is more power to be had from that motor.

I think you are leaving some HP on the table with the D&D. From what I have seen of that pipe it makes torque quickly and then drops off some on the big end. Have you considered the Fullsac X pipe? I have one I would be willing to loan you if you pay the freight both ways.
I will ask rick what dia is that pipe and thanks for the offer

Old 02-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Did you say increase the sump area? Please tell me the details. Did you have to extend the pickup? Thats a very clever way to make sure if it did over fill it has the space to evacuate the oil and not hydrolock.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
Did you say increase the sump area? Please tell me the details. Did you have to extend the pickup? Thats a very clever way to make sure if it did over fill it has the space to evacuate the oil and not hydrolock.
yes made the sump area like a twin cam and extended the pick up like the twin cam also

The following users liked this post:
Yamaharley (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 10:44 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master

Blue is the tts250 Orange is Tman 234

Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 PM
Apollo
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the fullsac x pipe and 2.25 cores sounds bad *** and puts out monster numbers.