Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Boom! Audio GTS software available.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

No issues with my gts so I will not be updating. All is good so I'm not taking any chances LoL

The following users liked this post:
Srodden (01-22-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I’m sorry guys, I just bought my M8 and still don’t have it yet do to bad weather here in
Denver.
I bought a Road Glide Special. My question is what is WHIM? Will my bike work with a Cordless headset for phone? If I buy 2 units will I be able to talk to passenger? They told me it would! Will my phone play my music? I thought it would.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
No issues with my gts so I will not be updating. All is good so I'm not taking any chances LoL
I’m with you. Not supporting older iPods notwithstanding, this radioI I feel is great and does everything I want so I’ll hold off updating too.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:28 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Erilflynn

I’m with you. Not supporting older iPods notwithstanding, this radioI I feel is great and does everything I want so I’ll hold off updating too.
You can update your software and if your not happy then just reinstall the previous version.

Srodden (01-22-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:26 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,958 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
Isn't this radio like brand new? Just release in September? Did they release it with bugs and a bunch of **** not working??? My god.
That is normal for HD

Did the same when the 14 Rush more bikes came out. Several updates each year for three or four years trying to correct all the bugs.

Why would you think this one would be any different?

Srodden (01-22-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:35 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,958 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Or you can just keep kicking the can down the road for 4 years then change radios.Sorry, HD isn't getting a free pass for how poorly the radio I have performs. Seems people just want to keep making up excuses for HD and their super poor quality and worse yet, how they handle it.
Yep after 4 years there were still bugs in the Old Boom head unit. I lost count of how many updates, I know over 8 and still bugs. The new GTS, this is the 3rd update since Sept.

Originally Posted by jpalm

Any chance all of the above “wireless” updates means you no longer need the WHIM for Bluetooth compatibitity? I’m guessing not, but one can hope.
You will still need the WHIM.

Originally Posted by Sixgunjr
I’m sorry guys, I just bought my M8 and still don’t have it yet do to bad weather here in
Denver.
I bought a Road Glide Special. My question is what is WHIM? Will my bike work with a Cordless headset for phone? If I buy 2 units will I be able to talk to passenger? They told me it would! Will my phone play my music? I thought it would.
WHIM = wireless headset interface module.
Wireless headset will not work with out you adding a WHIM as it only is standard on CVO bikes. So you can not use your phone for calls with out a WHIM and a Head set. Around 700 dollars to get both if you do the installation.

Yes, your phone can play music with out the WHIM. It can be done via Bluetooth if you pair the phone with the head-unit. Or you can plug your phone into the USB in the right side glove box and play music that way while charging your phone.

Sixgunjr (01-22-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 08:23 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
That is normal for HD

Did the same when the 14 Rush more bikes came out. Several updates each year for three or four years trying to correct all the bugs.

Why would you think this one would be any different?
That's just it, I wouldn't expect any differences just based on HDs history of just about everything they do. They sell **** before it's ready and don't care how it affects the customer. I have had my fair share of new cars over the past several year. I have YET to have to update anything on any of them and they are ALL high tech radios. That is my only point.

HD needs to understand this on top of issues like sumping, tranny transfer is why customers like me are fed up with HD. If it was "just" the radio, ya I'd cut them slack. But it's much much more.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:28 AM
RinTin
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Yep after 4 years there were still bugs in the Old Boom head unit. I lost count of how many updates, I know over 8 and still bugs. The new GTS, this is the 3rd update since Sept.
Do you think Harley Davidson is going to keep fixing these bugs on the old Boom? You can probably guess my answer.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:00 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Do you think Harley Davidson is going to keep fixing these bugs on the old Boom? You can probably guess my answer.
If you'd take the time to look at HD site, instead of complaining/ criticizing HD, you would see updates came out at the same time for ALL the Boom systems...

Old 01-21-2019, 01:32 PM
RinTin
Tourer

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
If you'd take the time to look at HD site, instead of complaining/ criticizing HD, you would see updates came out at the same time for ALL the Boom systems...
Oh, so now the radio will work as it's suppose to? Guess I should apologize. After 4 years of countless updates, I have 100% confidence this update will do it.

Quick Reply: New Boom! Audio GTS software available.