American Custom exhaust - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

American Custom exhaust

 
  #1  
Old 01-31-2019, 12:48 PM
Houston_t's Avatar
Houston_t
Houston_t is online now
Senior Rider
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 338
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default American Custom exhaust

Hey I was wonder if anyone was using the American Custom Tone-flex system on their bike and could comment about the results ?
 
  #2  
Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM
AFSOC_Commando's Avatar
AFSOC_Commando
AFSOC_Commando is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 302
Thanked 75 Times in 50 Posts
Default

I am now interested in their modified stock header.... To get the cat taken out for $200 since my warranty is up in a few months might be worth it now while there is snow on the ground!
 
  #3  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:41 AM
Road Star's Avatar
Road Star
Road Star is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orange County
Posts: 5,487
Thanked 130 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando View Post
I am now interested in their modified stock header.... To get the cat taken out for $200 since my warranty is up in a few months might be worth it now while there is snow on the ground!
Not too difficult to remove it, you could save some money. I did it in about two hours.
 
  #4  
Old 02-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Jay_FLHXS's Avatar
Jay_FLHXS
Jay_FLHXS is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 130
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AFSOC_Commando View Post
I am now interested in their modified stock header.... To get the cat taken out for $200 since my warranty is up in a few months might be worth it now while there is snow on the ground!
I'd check around if you don't want to do it yourself. I paid $150 for a swap that was decatted.
 
  #5  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Houston_t's Avatar
Houston_t
Houston_t is online now
Senior Rider
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 338
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

So theirs is just a decatted pipe, I was under the impression there was more to it than that.
 
  #6  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Jay_FLHXS's Avatar
Jay_FLHXS
Jay_FLHXS is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 130
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Houston_t View Post
So theirs is just a decatted pipe, I was under the impression there was more to it than that.
Hey Houston... I was just replying to the other guy... But I just went to their site and looked at the description for the head pipes. It's pretty vague but it sounds to me like its pretty much a decated stock head pipe. They are just offering $199 to "modify" yours or $299 for a premade.
 
  #7  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Road Star's Avatar
Road Star
Road Star is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orange County
Posts: 5,487
Thanked 130 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jay_FLHXS View Post
Hey Houston... I was just replying to the other guy... But I just went to their site and looked at the description for the head pipes. It's pretty vague but it sounds to me like its pretty much a decated stock head pipe. They are just offering $199 to "modify" yours or $299 for a premade.
I don't think it's worth the money to decat the head pipe.
 
  #8  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM
TheMurf
TheMurf is online now
Senior Rider
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Highland, New York
Posts: 363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts
Default American Custom

I have their header pipe in my 012 Ultra, yes there is a difference in the amount of heat coming off the header pipe. I think it was worth the price since didn't want to do it myself.
 
  #9  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Road Star's Avatar
Road Star
Road Star is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orange County
Posts: 5,487
Thanked 130 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TheMurf View Post
I have their header pipe in my 012 Ultra, yes there is a difference in the amount of heat coming off the header pipe. I think it was worth the price since didn't want to do it myself.
Ok- for heat I can understand, that's probably worth it. However, not for just sound.
 
  #10  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 PM
Gary1
Gary1 is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Baytown, Texas
Posts: 154
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I'm all about performance. Is there a lot of improvement with a decatted pipe?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: