Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do large diameter mufflers hurt low end ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:02 PM
Houston_t
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I stumbled across what I feel like was a good deal on a set of 2018 CVO takeoff pipes. I plan on installing the Fullsac baffles in them and gutting my headpipe. Going to take the money I’m saving and get a Zippers 468 cam kit from Fuel Moto and have it installed locally, I just recently purchased the tuner from them. Thanks for all of the input, I wasn’t planning on going this route but I like the look of the gloss black pipes and finically it just made sense. Now I have to see if I can get my factory heat shields powder coated to match the exhaust.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Oz Dan
Tourer
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston_t
Well I stumbled across what I feel like was a good deal on a set of 2018 CVO takeoff pipes. I plan on installing the Fullsac baffles in them and gutting my headpipe. Going to take the money I’m saving and get a Zippers 468 cam kit from Fuel Moto and have it installed locally, I just recently purchased the tuner from them. Thanks for all of the input, I wasn’t planning on going this route but I like the look of the gloss black pipes and finically it just made sense. Now I have to see if I can get my factory heat shields powder coated to match the exhaust.
Sounds like a good plan mate......best of luck, should be a fun machine....

The following users liked this post:
Houston_t (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 05:41 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,172 Likes on 3,523 Posts

Take a look at the mods in my sig. I have the Rinehart header and the 4.5" muffs. That combo is killing my torque. I would be better suited to a 2 into 1 setup. Down the road I may do that. But it does sound killer!

Old 02-07-2019, 05:46 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

My first steady asked me that exact same question. I told her I'd be gentle.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Houston_t
Tourer

I see what you did there. LOL

Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

You'll like the results of your build. It will make a world of difference.

I don't know that I would do powder coat on the heat shields, you might want to consider high heat Cerakote. It will hold up to the heat, most powder coat won't.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Houston_t
Tourer

Originally Posted by $tonecold
You'll like the results of your build. It will make a world of difference.

I don't know that I would do powder coat on the heat shields, you might want to consider high heat Cerakote. It will hold up to the heat, most powder coat won't.
Im hoping to find a set of CVO gloss black shields, no luck so far cant even find a part number. I wonder what coating Harley uses on them.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:17 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

Im hoping to find a set of CVO gloss black shields, no luck so far cant even find a part number. I wonder what coating Harley uses on them.
I think when you see how much they want for the black heat shields you may want to go a different direction, but maybe not.
https://shop.outpostalaska.com/OEMpa...EXHAUST_SYSTEM

Old 02-08-2019, 06:46 AM
Houston_t
Tourer

Yea i saw that, hoping to find a set used or figure out if someone can match the coating.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:46 AM
David Harper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning
I purchased V&H Power Dual with 4.50 Destroyers good improvement over stock reduced head and a noticeable lag on bottom end when riding 2 up
Upgraded to a D&D Billet Cat 2-1 and when riding 2 up its doesn't stumble on take off
Both has a great sound

2018 FLHTK stage 1

Quick Reply: Do large diameter mufflers hurt low end ?