Sponsored by:

Do i go with the cvo or special?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:20 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 5150northrider
I believe you are spot on here, I would skip the cvo and go with the 2019.
Agreed,go with the special but go full out Harley stage 111 and whatever else you fancy for the money!

Old 02-20-2019, 02:50 PM
Iwannagofast
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Quinn
Agreed,go with the special but go full out Harley stage 111 and whatever else you fancy for the money!
either way its getting the fuel moto 128 kit. I honestly wasnt really going to do slot to the special other than thing like passenger backrest highway pegs grips, lowers, tpms and siriusxm. The rest was going to be motor work. The cvo pegs backrest and motor work....

Last edited by Iwannagofast; 02-20-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Iwannagofast
Intermediate
Old 02-20-2019, 06:22 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Iwannagofast

Personally....I would go with the cvo for the minimal price difference. In MY opinion, better looking rear end with better brake lights, better headlight, nicer tank/console, lowers, better speakers with amp and lid setup, nicer seat (2 piece) better paint, nicer accessories (boards, grips etc) electronic locking saddlebags, security system with siren. If the price difference was substantial then I would say go for the special, all my opinion of course. Go with the one you think will make you happiest, its gonna be your ride. Good luck brother!

Last edited by Quik; 02-20-2019 at 06:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Srodden (02-22-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 06:32 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 183 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Personally....I would go with the cvo for the minimal price difference. In MY opinion, better looking rear end with better brake lights, better headlight, nicer tank/console, lowers, better speakers with amp and lid setup, nicer seat (2 piece) better paint, nicer accessories (boards, grips etc) electronic locking saddlebags, security system with siren. If the price difference was substantial then I would say go for the special, all my opinion of course. Go with the one you think will make you happiest, its gonna be your ride. Good luck brother!
I agree, CVO all the way. Hell I would do it just for the remote locking bags HAHA.

The following users liked this post:
Srodden (02-22-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by coopmonte
I agree, CVO all the way. Hell I would do it just for the remote locking bags HAHA.
When I got my 19 cvo I thought the bag remote was no big deal, fast forward 2 months later and I absolutely love them and would hate to lose that feature.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would not buy a 1st year production of the M8.
Go with the new 19 and get a better radio and 114, then you could upgrade to the 117 (stage 4) and keep your warranty.

Also I would suggest the Road glide!

Last edited by Sixgunjr; 02-20-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:15 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

Well I guess I will put my 2 cents in. I'm sure the picture of the CVO doesn't do it justice. You've already stated that you want to do a 128" big bore, so warranty isn't something you're worried about. What you might want to worry about is crank runout. Get the dealer(s) to pull the cam covers and check the runout. You will probably have to pay for the labor and maybe a new cam cover gasket, but it will be cheaper than buying the bike, tearing it apart and then finding out that the crank runout is .012". If you were going to just ride it stock or with a cam upgrade I wouldn't be that concerned, but with the 128" big bore you're going to want things as close to perfect as is possible.

As for looks, I kind of like the silver with the blacked out drive train, but that's just me.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Iwannagofast
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Quik
pretty much what i was thinking

Old 02-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Iwannagofast
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sixgunjr
I would not buy a 1st year production of the M8.
Go with the new 19 and get a better radio and 114, then you could upgrade to the 117 (stage 4) and keep your warranty.

Also I would suggest the Road glide!
they are used. You can only keep the warranty if you do the upgrade within 60 days of buying brand new. Plus for the money i can get better results with the fuel moto or s&s big bore.

Quick Reply: Do i go with the cvo or special?