Sponsored by:

Preventative fix for sumping

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 03:20 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
and we have no idea where you get your knowledge or statistics...but I'm guessing you pull them out of somewhere and it's obvious where that is...for example "large majority" ....by definition describes and / or implies most
Go online and see how many 3-5 yr old bikes have less than 5k miles. That's where I get my numbers. How about you? HDfourm? 20 consistant people that feel free to post? Seriously, I don't get why you fanboyz insist on pumping up something that needs fixed by the MoCo. Look at the number of oil pumps they have thrown at it. Different designs too, adding a seal. That alone nullifies all your statements. Again, I am not trying to steer people away from the M8 I simply won't allow you to sugar coat the motor has a consistent issue. If you want to use the words 1%, I would go over to the thread where the guys 2019 came unglued. That's a rare case, and IMO just a bad day. That instant alone, would never keep me from buying an M8.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:27 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,585 Likes on 4,447 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
I have no idea where you get your knowledge or statistics. Simply because a large majority only ride there M8 on back roads, 20-50 MPH, easy shifting, rider and or passenger. A portion of that large majority, ride less than 1K miles in a season.

FYI It doesn't take 6200 to make an M8 sump. You can stay under 4500 and make it sump. Ask me how I know. I am not trying to fill heads with negative about the M8, but I am not going to allow you to sprinkle sugar on the situation either. It's still an issue that needs to be resolved.
Go online and see how many 3-5 yr old bikes have less than 5k miles. That's where I get my numbers. How about you? HDfourm? 20 consistant people that feel free to post? Seriously, I don't get why you fanboyz insist on pumping up something that needs fixed by the MoCo. Look at the number of oil pumps they have thrown at it. Different designs too, adding a seal. That alone nullifies all your statements. Again, I am not trying to steer people away from the M8 I simply won't allow you to sugar coat the motor has a consistent issue. If you want to use the words 1%, I would go over to the thread where the guys 2019 came unglued. That's a rare case, and IMO just a bad day. That instant alone, would never keep me from buying an M8.
you criticize FatBob2018 of spreading false information from your perception, and turn around and spread some..show us the data that supports your claims on how you qualify / quantify your statements since you're all about being based on facts apparently..the only fact here is you can't

Old 04-06-2019, 03:39 PM
RinTin
Tourer

you criticize FatBob2018 of spreading false information from your perception, and turn around and spread some..show us the data that supports your claims on how you qualify / quantify your statements since you're all about being based on facts apparently..the only fact here is you can't
I don't need to do your research for you. Do it yourself. You and I both know there are a large portion of used bikes that see less than 5K in 3-5 years. As for sumping, we wouldn't be talking about it if it wasn't real. Steve Cole has all the pump part numbers, look up his post. Multiple pumps over the last 3 years. Don't sugar coat this situation. What are you trying to do, get yet another thread shutdown because it mentions the word sumping. That seems to be the pattern for you fanboyz.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:45 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't need to do your research for you. Do it yourself. You and I both know there are a large portion of used bikes that see less than 5K in 3-5 years. As for sumping, we wouldn't be talking about it if it wasn't real. Steve Cole has all the pump part numbers, look up his post. Multiple pumps over the last 3 years. Don't sugar coat this situation. What are you trying to do, get yet another thread shutdown because it mentions the word sumping. That seems to be the pattern for you fanboyz.
call you out on your BS statement is what I'm trying to do...you can't possibly know that the large majority of M8 owners only ride that way..yet you propagate this nonsensical type of statement

"Simply because a large majority only ride there M8 on back roads, 20-50 MPH, easy shifting, rider and or passenger. A portion of that large majority, ride less than 1K miles in a season.."

Old 04-06-2019, 03:50 PM
RinTin
Tourer

call you out on your BS statement is what I'm trying to do...you can't possibly know that the large majority of M8 owners only ride that way..yet you propagate this nonsensical type of statement

"Simply because a large majority only ride there M8 on back roads, 20-50 MPH, easy shifting, rider and or passenger. A portion of that large majority, ride less than 1K miles in a season.."
So how many oil pump designs has the M8 had? 3-4 at least for each type. And your using 1% as the number of why the moco keeps trying different designs. HD doesn't change **** for the fun of it as you are trying to portray. I am anxious to see your next post. Probably another cartoon that belittles someone in a "fun way".

Old 04-06-2019, 03:55 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

So how many oil pump designs has the M8 had? 3-4 at least for each type. And your using 1% as the number of why the moco keeps trying different designs. HD doesn't change **** for the fun of it as you are trying to portray. I am anxious to see your next post. Probably another cartoon that belittles someone in a "fun way".
mine? where is it that I refer to or came up with that number? you're confused and mistaking things....... again

Old 04-06-2019, 03:57 PM
RinTin
Tourer

mine? where is it that I refer to or came up with that number? you're confused and mistaking things....... again
Ok fanboy, I am done with you. I am not going to continue this when your keep skirting the questions. I know the mods will shut down this thread as they have all the rest you jumped in on.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (04-06-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 04:31 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok fanboy, I am done with you.

The following users liked this post:
RinTin (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 01:09 PM
RinTin
Tourer

I envision you to look just like that guy. Thanks for sharing...

Old 04-07-2019, 02:29 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

I envision you to look just like that guy. Thanks for sharing...
Ok fanboy, I am done with you."
knew you were lying and couldn't really stay away with your OCD of me..lasted longer than I thought you would so kudos for at least trying..commence stalking my posts as you always do

Quick Reply: Preventative fix for sumping