Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Mufflers on 2018 M8 Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 09:59 AM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Too update my previous post, I just went riding around yesterday with a buddy of mine. I had the reducers out and right from the minute I started it he perked up. He had heard the pipes last week with the reducers in. He liked what he heard. I ripped through the gears a couple times leaving him behind and he said they sounded awesome, just the right sound as he put it. His bike is a 15 with stock head pipe and mufflers. riding next to him I could still hear his pipes and it just reinforced that these Outlaw pipes with stock head pipe and reducers out sounds really nice without being too much.

I think he is going to be ordering a set for his twin cam soon

Neil
RDMC

Old 04-22-2019, 07:06 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt
Man, that sounds good with the header and cam! I bet she screams when you're on the throttle.

I think you all have reenforced my decision to go with the Jackpot's again. It's kinda nuts that we pay $25-45k for these awesome bikes and then have to change out exhaust, suspension, clutch parts (AIM), etc to get them to where they should've been from the factory. But at least with the exhaust, it is very subjective.
Thanks, I love the sound too. I am going to do the same thing on my 2018 CVO Limited, plus maybe a few more goodies!

Old 04-22-2019, 10:11 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil
I just put the Outlaw pipes on my 17. I have the older Dyno Tuned mufflers on my 02 Ultra, but, that has cams (Woods 555), 98" and ported heads running through the factory head pipe. With the 17 I'm still going back and forth between the mufflers with and without the DB reducers. With reducers in, sounds much better than stock, but, to my ear not too much louder. With the reducers out, sounds real nice, deep with a nice bark. Much more mellow all the way around compared to my 02. Still on the fence. I am planning on replacing the head pipe in the future with Fuel Moto's Jackpot header. I'm thinking then I will most likely end up running the DB reducers, both to counter the lack of the cat converter and to add a little bit of back pressure. Either way you can't go wrong.

Neil
RDMC
Neil, try running with only the right side db insert, balances back pressure and sound levels both at a happy medium.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:44 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil
Too update my previous post, I just went riding around yesterday with a buddy of mine. I had the reducers out and right from the minute I started it he perked up. He had heard the pipes last week with the reducers in. He liked what he heard. I ripped through the gears a couple times leaving him behind and he said they sounded awesome, just the right sound as he put it. His bike is a 15 with stock head pipe and mufflers. riding next to him I could still hear his pipes and it just reinforced that these Outlaw pipes with stock head pipe and reducers out sounds really nice without being too much.

I think he is going to be ordering a set for his twin cam soon

Neil
RDMC
That's one of the best attributes of the Jackpot Outlaw & Hi Roller mufflers; you can adjust the flow/sound characteristics with the included tunable inserts. This works especially well of you have a stock catalyst head pipe (you could remove them) and then later if you choose to go to a non-catalyst pipe we recommend running the inserts and it will maintain the proper flow and velocity along with great sound. No need to buy different mufflers or baffles when your combination changes, these mufflers work on stock engines all the way up to the 150Hp engines we build.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-24-2019, 11:52 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

Here’s mine with the Fuel Moto Street Outlaws and the FM air cleaner with clear Typhoon cover.

The following 2 users liked this post by RK14SGS:
bpav16 (04-19-2020), fuelmoto (04-24-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Looks great!

The following users liked this post:
RK14SGS (04-25-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 05:30 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Jamie! 2017 Street Glide, stock headpipe, your street outlaws, have the HD Torque Cam and HD EPA tuner with stg 2 map. Should I run with the inserts in or out? What will the difference be in or out?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Eagle

Old 04-24-2019, 06:03 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
That's one of the best attributes of the Jackpot Outlaw & Hi Roller mufflers; you can adjust the flow/sound characteristics with the included tunable inserts. This works especially well of you have a stock catalyst head pipe (you could remove them) and then later if you choose to go to a non-catalyst pipe we recommend running the inserts and it will maintain the proper flow and velocity along with great sound. No need to buy different mufflers or baffles when your combination changes, these mufflers work on stock engines all the way up to the 150Hp engines we build.
I thought by removing the inserts on the Outlaws on a stock head pipe, you loose some bottom end.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:35 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 103Eagle
Hey Jamie! 2017 Street Glide, stock headpipe, your street outlaws, have the HD Torque Cam and HD EPA tuner with stg 2 map. Should I run with the inserts in or out? What will the difference be in or out?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Eagle
Originally Posted by JHC210
I thought by removing the inserts on the Outlaws on a stock head pipe, you loose some bottom end.

the cat helps with back pressure if the inserts are removed. If the cat is removed, the inserts provide the necessary back pressure.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
the cat helps with back pressure if the inserts are removed. If the cat is removed, the inserts provide the necessary back pressure.
After playing around with these mufflers, reading as much as I could about them and the DB inserts and my basic understanding of exhaust flow, pressure waves, back pressure etc... I figured that the cat would keep back pressure (whether good or not for performance in a VTwin) and sound reduction. I figured once I remove the cat, the sound level will increase and the back pressure will decrease. I am hoping, and figure it will work out, that when I get around to installing the Fuel Moto 2/1/2 head pipe, that the increase in flow and sound will be offset by the installation of the reducers. No matter, I am very happy with the Outlaw pipes, FM AC/DC air cleaner and the Power Vision I bought. Goes along with the 98" kit, cams, heads, dyno tuned mufflers and PC5 that I got for my 02.

Jamie, thank you! Love everything I have got so far!!

Neil
RDMC

Quick Reply: Jackpot Mufflers on 2018 M8 Street Glide?