Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Mufflers on 2018 M8 Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 01:59 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Jackpot Mufflers on 2018 M8 Street Glide?

A few years back I ran the Jackpot mufflers on my 2009 Street Glide (part of a Fuel Moto Stage 1 kit). I liked the tone and the increase in volume/sound without being too loud. I understand that the M8 can be "picky" with mufflers with some causing power losses. Does any here run the Jackpots on your M8? I like the Jackpot's since they are very affordable, look good and (at least used to) sound good. I'm open to other suggestions if these don't work great with the M8, but I'm just not into the look of the huge 4"+ mufflers out there and don't want anything really loud.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:07 PM
750rider
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran the Fuel Moto hi rollers on my bike for a while. Nice deep tone and not to loud. I’m running Vance and Hines now just because I wanted to change back to a round muffler instead of a slash. Those hi rollers had a nice bark when on the throttle but crusing they weren’t obnoxious. Didn’t notice any loss of power with them.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:39 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt
A few years back I ran the Jackpot mufflers on my 2009 Street Glide (part of a Fuel Moto Stage 1 kit). I liked the tone and the increase in volume/sound without being too loud. I understand that the M8 can be "picky" with mufflers with some causing power losses. Does any here run the Jackpots on your M8? I like the Jackpot's since they are very affordable, look good and (at least used to) sound good. I'm open to other suggestions if these don't work great with the M8, but I'm just not into the look of the huge 4"+ mufflers out there and don't want anything really loud.
Here is a sound clip of my 2017 CVO stock vs Fuel Moto High roller mufflers. Both with stock header. Enjoy..

The following users liked this post:
mazz (04-22-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain

Its so hard to really tell on laptop speakers, but wow that is a huge difference! Sound much deeper and more of a bark but seem pretty similar at idle.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:26 PM
RinTin
Tourer

Its so hard to really tell on laptop speakers, but wow that is a huge difference! Sound much deeper and more of a bark but seem pretty similar at idle.
I hear ya, that is why I made the video. On so many videos out there, they put the camera behind the bike. You really can't tell the difference with the camera mic's having auto gain control. The camera I used was an old school with no gain control.. lol it was called the flip cam. First HD video cam on the market. Basic yet simple.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:48 PM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 274 Likes on 176 Posts

Go look in Fuel Moto vendors section, lots of sound clips there

Old 04-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I just put the Outlaw pipes on my 17. I have the older Dyno Tuned mufflers on my 02 Ultra, but, that has cams (Woods 555), 98" and ported heads running through the factory head pipe. With the 17 I'm still going back and forth between the mufflers with and without the DB reducers. With reducers in, sounds much better than stock, but, to my ear not too much louder. With the reducers out, sounds real nice, deep with a nice bark. Much more mellow all the way around compared to my 02. Still on the fence. I am planning on replacing the head pipe in the future with Fuel Moto's Jackpot header. I'm thinking then I will most likely end up running the DB reducers, both to counter the lack of the cat converter and to add a little bit of back pressure. Either way you can't go wrong.

Neil
RDMC

Old 04-21-2019, 06:01 AM
Scott Grout
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Jackpot slip-ons and the Jackpot header. Like others have said, it is noticeably louder (compared to stock) especially when ripping the throttle. Not bad when cruising and no power loss.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:53 AM
RinTin
Tourer

Here is what the Hi Rollers sounds like with a woods 222 cam and Fuel Moto 2-1-2 headpipe. This is with the tuning inserts in the mufflers.

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by RinTin; 04-21-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain

Man, that sounds good with the header and cam! I bet she screams when you're on the throttle.

I think you all have reenforced my decision to go with the Jackpot's again. It's kinda nuts that we pay $25-45k for these awesome bikes and then have to change out exhaust, suspension, clutch parts (AIM), etc to get them to where they should've been from the factory. But at least with the exhaust, it is very subjective.

The following users liked this post:
RinTin (04-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Jackpot Mufflers on 2018 M8 Street Glide?