Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find 94100065 Primary Vent Kit Online Anymore

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 10:57 AM
KrustyKush
Road Master
Received 431 Likes on 287 Posts

Is it possible to know whether the oil deflector is present on the trans main shaft without removing the trans inner side cover?

Old 06-26-2019, 11:56 AM
vegas-triker
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I saw someone say it fell to $24 for the kit, where did he get it ?

Geary

Old 06-26-2019, 01:18 PM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by vegas-triker
I saw someone say it fell to $24 for the kit, where did he get it ?

Geary
It was $24 at Surdyke last week. Because they are in demand they are probably pricing them higher knowing people will buy them anyway.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:48 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by tcatnat
It was $24 at Surdyke last week. Because they are in demand they are probably pricing them higher knowing people will buy them anyway.
I got mine last Friday from them paid $23.20, I now see its 34 something from them, i heard a few days ago it was now on backorder

Old 06-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,907 Likes on 3,286 Posts

You guy's got a $24K - $35K HD and you're thinking about the difference of $8-$12 bucks? (that's my bar tab before stool even warms up).. I'd be more worried about the time it takes to do it and the lost hours over a weekend than anything else.
My bike isn't in front of me but I'm pretty sure I'd have to pull my Thunderheader just to get that cover off and I swear, the day I pull that cover a cam will be going in at the same time.

I'm curious how long the average garage wrench will take to perform this so post up some average times.

Thanks,
OS

Old 06-26-2019, 02:17 PM
tcatnat
Road Master

I don't think anyone is necessarily thinking about or concerned about the price difference. I think it was more of do I have the right part if people were saying it was $24 last week. Also I believe someone posted in a different thread that it took them about an hour to install.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,907 Likes on 3,286 Posts

Originally Posted by tcatnat
I don't think anyone is necessarily thinking about or concerned about the price difference. I think it was more of do I have the right part if people were saying it was $24 last week. Also I believe someone posted in a different thread that it took them about an hour to install.
1/2 hour? its takes me longer than that to get the beer ready and the bike on the lift.
Maybe, after everything is torn down it would be that long but I'm a perfectionist and cleaning the bolt threads and finding the loctite would take me another 1/2 hour. I see this taking me 3 hours + with exhaust and everything else. Might as well plan a weekend and install a cam, pushrods, lifters and a tune. Take it out Sunday night for a ride but that's just me. Props to anyone who can do it under and hour.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:38 PM
tcatnat
Road Master

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
1/2 hour? its takes me longer than that to get the beer ready and the bike on the lift.
Maybe, after everything is torn down it would be that long but I'm a perfectionist and cleaning the bolt threads and finding the loctite would take me another 1/2 hour. I see this taking me 3 hours + with exhaust and everything else. Might as well plan a weekend and install a cam, pushrods, lifters and a tune. Take it out Sunday night for a ride but that's just me. Props to anyone who can do it under and hour.
Check my post again "an hour" and that doesn't include getting it on the lift, getting your tools out, stopping for gas, having breakfast, stopping to pee, etc. I thought that would be a given. It also doesn't include the time it take to find the primary cover and bolts that need to be removed or the drill bit needed to drill the hole. If you're a perfectionist I would assume you know where your loctite and tools are. So I'll rephrase it. Based on another forum members installation, he stated it should take (THE AVERAGE NON-OCD JOE SIX PACK AN HOUR). Forum member should multiple by their own margin of error. for me I would estimate 1 1/2 hours.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:54 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Wasn't the official "flat-rate" time 2.1 hours? Am I wrong about that?

Old 06-26-2019, 05:58 PM
vegas-triker
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll buy 1-1/2 hours. for a "professional", I would assume his tool chest was parked next to the lift
then today I saw posted HD is doing with out testing.. What a Good Will Move !!
Just think, for a few bucks and an hour of trained labor, they could reverse the tons of ill will over the issue
I saw posted that they have stepped up and I will give it a few prior to doing it myself
as for "my" dealer. He is in the stink of things, wanting $400, each part separately, not the kit and a ton of labor excess

e-mailed my competitive dealer for info from him

we will see....

The following users liked this post:
madmat (06-27-2019)

Quick Reply: Can't find 94100065 Primary Vent Kit Online Anymore