Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Hydraulic Clutch Concern

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 05:01 AM
MGOHAIL
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same deal on my 2019 FLTRXS. it has happened twice, once late last summer, the dealer bleed it sent it back 3 weeks later. I rode it for about 40 miles and then it was winter in Michigan. got it out 2 weeks ago, rode it for about 50 miles and then the next time I went to ride it a few days later.... Zero pressure and it would stick in gear. it is at dealer now, a different one. they bled it Tuesday went to move it Friday so I could pick it up and same deal. they are saying it is the "plunger". No techs working now because of Corvid bullshit so next week when they call there techs back they will get to it.... So frustrating...

The following users liked this post:
waldoe (01-09-2021)
Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Originally Posted by MGOHAIL
Same deal on my 2019 FLTRXS. it has happened twice, once late last summer, the dealer bleed it sent it back 3 weeks later. I rode it for about 40 miles and then it was winter in Michigan. got it out 2 weeks ago, rode it for about 50 miles and then the next time I went to ride it a few days later.... Zero pressure and it would stick in gear. it is at dealer now, a different one. they bled it Tuesday went to move it Friday so I could pick it up and same deal. they are saying it is the "plunger". No techs working now because of Corvid bullshit so next week when they call there techs back they will get to it.... So frustrating...
It is a recall - have they performed the recall work?

Old 03-29-2020, 09:27 AM
MGOHAIL
6th Gear

No recalls on 2019's. It will be warrentied.... Well at least it better be. They have to call the MoCo 1st but they aren't open either...

Old 03-29-2020, 09:28 AM
Grand HDF Member

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
It is a recall - have they performed the recall work?
On a 2019?

Old 03-29-2020, 11:35 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Old 03-29-2020, 12:13 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,006 Likes on 1,731 Posts

Originally Posted by MGOHAIL
Buy a Muller hydro clutch actuator (or AIM if they got their **** together yet) and throw it in yourself. Viola

The following users liked this post:
MGOHAIL (03-30-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 05:04 AM
E glider
1st Gear

Howdy MGOHAIL. I feel ya pain and frustration. Got told by the H-D shop bought my 19 elec G from that the secondary clutch actuator was cactus and there was going to be a 2-3 month wait coz of no parts in Australia. Waited 3 weeks then said F$%k it and rang other H-D dealers and found the part needed 200 kms (120-130 miles) from their shop. Wham, bam, credit card man, part was express posted and in the bike next day. They were not happy bout it and would not refund the money I paid for the part, but I had my face in the wind again. Well as much wind as a bat wing fairing and full face helmet will let through. So keep ya pecker up and think of how much pleasure y'all will get when it's fixed. (Only thing that kept me going). Peace. Ride em if ya got em

Old 01-04-2021, 08:08 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by jake24lt
A broken clutch cable will leave you stuck as well! Sooooo?
I've NEVER had a clutch CABLE break in under 14,000. In fact, I've never had a cable clutch break at all. But nice try, Jake. Keep drinking the Harley Kool-Aide. You're one of the people that are the cause of the rest of us not getting better quality bikes. Your response to something failing, that shouldn't, is " Oh, that's alright Harley, I'll just pull some more money out of my pocket and pay to get it repaired. After all, we ALL make mistakes. "

I read all these posts and online articles with a million different reasons Harley is sucking when it comes to sales, and not one of them yet has mentioned the biggest reason, in my opinion. And that is the lack of a quality build. That has caused many Harley customers to lose faith and buy other brands. Sure, those "other" reasons are valid points too, but the lack of quality control is hardly ever mentioned. But, until the faithful get tired of putting up with paying top dollar for bottom shelf quality, it will never change.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:42 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,745 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
I've NEVER had a clutch CABLE break in under 14,000. In fact, I've never had a cable clutch break at all. But nice try, Jake. Keep drinking the Harley Kool-Aide. You're one of the people that are the cause of the rest of us not getting better quality bikes. Your response to something failing, that shouldn't, is " Oh, that's alright Harley, I'll just pull some more money out of my pocket and pay to get it repaired. After all, we ALL make mistakes. "

I read all these posts and online articles with a million different reasons Harley is sucking when it comes to sales, and not one of them yet has mentioned the biggest reason, in my opinion. And that is the lack of a quality build. That has caused many Harley customers to lose faith and buy other brands. Sure, those "other" reasons are valid points too, but the lack of quality control is hardly ever mentioned. But, until the faithful get tired of putting up with paying top dollar for bottom shelf quality, it will never change.
Jakes comment from a year and a half ago is hardly the problem and it's kinda an asshat move to try imply it's his fault HD puts out shody work sometimes.

By your reasoning, since I have never had a hydraulic clutch failure in over 40K miles (120K counting previous bikes) there is no way no one else could have one...

I've had a broken clutch cable before and have had many that stretched beyond serviceability. Does that mean the world is ending for HD? No.

If you think the brand sucks, take your own advice and beat it. No one is making you buy this crap.

Last edited by lp; 01-04-2021 at 09:59 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by lp:
bradsULtd (01-04-2021), MGOHAIL (02-09-2021), MTBIG G (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 10:27 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Jakes comment from a year and a half ago is hardly the problem and it's kinda an asshat move to try imply it's his fault HD puts out shody work sometimes.

By your reasoning, since I have never had a hydraulic clutch failure in over 40K miles (120K counting previous bikes) there is no way no one else could have one...

I've had a broken clutch cable before and have had many that stretched beyond serviceability. Does that mean the world is ending for HD? No.

If you think the brand sucks, take your own advice and beat it. No one is making you buy this crap.
Oh, another one of the faithful. I rest my case. And you're an asshat if you say that Harley doesn't put out Shody work. Nice try, but history proves you wrong. Yes, and Zeitz does too! Before you try attacking me AGAIN, how about being a big boy and do some reading on what Zeitz said were his priorities for Harley. Number one was to improve quality and reliability. HE admits Harley has an issue with that, whether YOU, or any of your other Kool-Aide drinking compadres want to admit it or not.

No that I've shamed you, go to your room. I'll tell you when you can come back out. And try to keep up with the rest of us.

Quick Reply: 2019 Hydraulic Clutch Concern