Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few trip pics from this past week

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 10:26 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,792 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Nice! It's always cool to see others post about locations you've been to yourself. I have several of the same pics.
Certainly lucked out on the Beartooth. I've only been to it once but it was snowing and we froze our butts. It was the week before Sturgis and it was hot as hell nearly everywhere else...

Speaking of the heat, I spent a small fortune on hydration vests that year. Really looked like a great idea, but I only felt hotter with them on. Had a T-Shirt underneath, vest was tight enough, just wouldn't flow a ton of air.
I tried them with a few combinations of shirts including the water wicking sport wear stuff. I (we) must have been doing something wrong. Just didn't cool. Mostly blocked air and felt hotter. They are literally collecting dust now. Shame.

Glad others have had luck with them...

Last edited by lp; 08-12-2019 at 10:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:39 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,863 Likes on 4,577 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Nice! It's always cool to see others post about locations you've been to yourself. I have several of the same pics.
Certainly lucked out on the Beartooth. I've only been to it once but it was snowing and we froze our butts. It was the week before Sturgis and it was hot as hell nearly everywhere else...

Speaking of the heat, I spend a small fortune on hydration vests that year. Really looked like a great idea, but I only felt hotter with them on. Had a T-Shirt underneath, vest was tight enough, just wouldn't flow a ton of air.
I tried them with a few combinations of shirts including the water wicking sport wear stuff. I (we) must have been doing something wrong. Just didn't cool. Mostly blocked air and felt hotter. They are literally collecting dust now. Shame.

Glad others have had luck with them...
ours have been damn near life savers on several occasions..but I wear mine over a shirt and then mesh jacket over the vest..we keep them soaked in ice water in a waterproof bag until use...drops your core body temp big time..after about an hour they are dry and need recharging, but since I only use it when it's ~ triple digit temps an hour is about how long I can go before needing to be refreshed as well...soak them good in cold water sinks at stops along the way

lp (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 12:33 PM
ekb55
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Vulcan

Originally Posted by mjwebb
yeah, that friend has a pristine 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 that he has taken great care of and has proven to be very trustworthy over the years..he is contemplating a HD SG in his future however
I have to say that I had a 2003 Vulcan 1600. One of the few metric cruisers that sounded good (Vance and Hines Long Shots). Extremely dependable and comfortable. Great bikes. Wait a minute, isn't that a CVO? How did that bike get that far, as you know, they ALL sump, have various other engine failures!

Last edited by ekb55; 08-12-2019 at 12:35 PM.
mjwebb (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 12:46 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ekb55
I have to say that I had a 2003 Vulcan 1600. One of the few metric cruisers that sounded good (Vance and Hines Long Shots). Extremely dependable and comfortable. Great bikes. Wait a minute, isn't that a CVO? How did that bike get that far, as you know, they ALL sump, have various other engine failures!
2 CVOs..and one's wife has one and I have 3 other friend with them..they never heard of any of these issues reported here..too busy riding, racking up miles and enjoying the Hell out of them I guess, some with HD Stage kits, Jackpot headers, etc...poor dumb bastards don't realize what expensive ticking time bombs they own

Old 08-12-2019, 04:50 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,796 Likes on 963 Posts

Here’s a few pictures from our trip.

This is when we were setting out on this adventure.

Down town Jackson, Wy.

On the way up to the peak of Beartooth. Still smiling, unaware of what was in store.

An interesting bike we ran across in Cody.

Wall Drug, a shark disguised as a shark.

Attached Thumbnails few trip pics from this past week-d0157bf8-693b-454f-afd3-f36e95a412ca.jpeg  
The following 2 users liked this post by $tonecold:
lp (08-12-2019), mjwebb (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 05:03 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by $tonecold
Here’s a few pictures from our trip.

This is when we were setting out on this adventure.

Down town Jackson, Wy.

On the way up to the peak of Beartooth. Still smiling, unaware of what was in store.

An interesting bike we ran across in Cody.

Wall Drug, a shark disguised as a shark.
great trip, your wife is a trooper for sure! the Cowboy Bar is cool and we saw that green tractor seat bike too..that would be tough to tour on! one of the great things about traveling is the people we come across..bunch of Chinese youths traveling the USA at the top of Beartooth just had to sit on our bikes and take pictures..I learned owning a Harley in China is like us owning a Ferrari over here..and this Austrian couple were on a year long Range Rover adventure, they just completed a tour of South America from top to bottom and working on the USA now..all self sufficient, tough as nails folks and very fun to talk to and hear their stories...when they said Austria I pulled a Dumb and Dumber on them and said..'G'Day Mate, put another shrimp on the barby'..LOL..we all had a good laugh

Last edited by mjwebb; 08-12-2019 at 05:05 PM.
lp (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Thanks for the great pics! That Orange RK really pops..

mjwebb (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Thanks for the great pics! That Orange RK really pops..
thx, $tonecold and I have the fastest color for sure! the weird thing about pictures that took me awhile to figure out is cameras have trouble with white balance and the orange comes out as red..I always have to make make processing adjustments for it to come out as orange, and sometimes it's more or less orange from pic to pic..lol

Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 PM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

Taken with my Samsung S7. Comes out dark.

Oregon Coast.

Top of Lassen Volcanic National Park. Pic is still dark.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:53 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraZac
Taken with my Samsung S7. Comes out dark.

Oregon Coast.

Top of Lassen Volcanic National Park. Pic is still dark.
Some pretty powerful in camera editing tools can improve that

Quick Reply: few trip pics from this past week