Sponsored by:

New S&S 475C Installed ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 02:07 PM
SoCaRider
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 151 Posts
Default New S&S 475C Installed ?

Ha guys so just did a big upgrade HD 2020 Oil Pump S&S 475c Cam S&S Tappits & Pushrods, runs like a champ likes higher rpms.
Here's the Question when the bike first starts the front cylinder exhaust valve tics for about a minute & then it's quiet actually better than the sewing machine sound it used to make.
So could it be that ajustable pushrod needs tightened a bit and it's just the Lifter pumping up before it quiets down?

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-10-2020, 03:40 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,525 Posts

Can't answer your question but that cam is awesome isn't it! I'm running it in my 2019 cvo sg and I love it! Good luck with your tic issue.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:47 PM
SoCaRider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Quik
Can't answer your question but that cam is awesome isn't it! I'm running it in my 2019 cvo sg and I love it! Good luck with your tic issue.
What kind of riding do you do ? I'm still getting used to this one coming from a torque cam I'm riding a soft tail FXDR most of the videos I have seen on the 475 were on CVO or Baggers. seems to want to run hard in the upper rpms not sure about cruising yet

Old 09-10-2020, 06:26 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,525 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCaRider
What kind of riding do you do ? I'm still getting used to this one coming from a torque cam I'm riding a soft tail FXDR most of the videos I have seen on the 475 were on CVO or Baggers. seems to want to run hard in the upper rpms not sure about cruising yet
I like to twist on it pretty good, mine comes on strong around 2800 rpms and just keeps on coming after that. Also it's the best sounding cam I've personally heard in an M8.

Old 09-10-2020, 06:31 PM
SoCaRider
Road Captain

I like to twist on it pretty good, mine comes on strong around 2800 rpms and just keeps on coming after that. Also it's the best sounding cam I've personally heard in an M8.
I agree that's my experience too

Old 09-10-2020, 06:47 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,678 Likes on 3,111 Posts

Ha guys so just did a big upgrade HD 2020 Oil Pump S&S 475c Cam S&S Tappits & Pushrods, runs like a champ likes higher rpms.
Here's the Question when the bike first starts the front cylinder exhaust valve tics for about a minute & then it's quiet actually better than the sewing machine sound it used to make.
So could it be that ajustable pushrod needs tightened a bit and it's just the Lifter pumping up before it quiets down?

Thanks for your help.
The lifter is just pumping up. If you want it to go away, you can go to a conventional oil like BelRay 20w50.

Sounds silly, but it works. If you love synthetics (like I do) just don't let it worry you.

Old 09-10-2020, 06:51 PM
SoCaRider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
The lifter is just pumping up. If you want it to go away, you can go to a conventional oil like BelRay 20w50.

Sounds silly, but it works. If you love synthetics (like I do) just don't let it worry you.
Yep always synthetic in the motor , wondering if I tightened the exhaust Pushrod just a bit if that would make it go away

Old 09-10-2020, 06:56 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,678 Likes on 3,111 Posts

Yep always synthetic in the motor , wondering if I tightened the exhaust Pushrod just a bit if that would make it go away
I would do the entire procedure for that cylinder, and re-adjust. I would not go more then one extra flat. Perhaps Steve Cole or Jamie from FM will chime in

Yeah, I run Amsoil, and when I put the BelRay in...it went all quiet! Damn it! I still switched back to Amsoil LOL

Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,486 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Agreed! I miss my cam! Already planning on ditching my SE torque cam next year and going back with the 475c. Unless a new cam comes along for the 114 that sounds as good or better.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:03 AM
SoCaRider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
I would do the entire procedure for that cylinder, and re-adjust. I would not go more then one extra flat. Perhaps Steve Cole or Jamie from FM will chime in

Yeah, I run Amsoil, and when I put the BelRay in...it went all quiet! Damn it! I still switched back to Amsoil LOL
I ajusted that push rod 1 flat and the cold tapping noise went away , half to be careful when adjusting the lock nut not to accidentally turn them down

Quick Reply: New S&S 475C Installed ?