Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2020 RGL is showing three codes . I can't clear .

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 07:10 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

Take the bike to the dealer, tell them you just worked on the bike. It takes 5 min to plug the bike in to check it out. Be polite, but firm. If they refuse, call the mothership open a claim, or try another dealer.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wmitz:
Oil, Gas & Leather (04-21-2021), Zonktified (05-07-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 08:38 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
Take the bike to the dealer, tell them you just worked on the bike. It takes 5 min to plug the bike in to check it out. Be polite, but firm. If they refuse, call the mothership open a claim, or try another dealer.
So he should open up a claim with HD corporate because he can't get an appointment for 2 weeks?? If dealership told him 2 weeks, then its 2 weeks...he can try another dealer OR wait the 2 weeks like a reasonable person...

Old 04-21-2021, 09:17 AM
pgreer
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,381 Likes on 898 Posts

If he hadn't just had the bike in for new tires, then he needs to consider the other customers at the dealer that have been waiting. But since he just had it in and they replaced the tires, I think they owe it to him to at least check it out to see what happened. The timing of these events is curious at the very least.

And if I were making a complaint, it would be based on that.

Paul

The following 2 users liked this post by pgreer:
Oil, Gas & Leather (04-21-2021), Zonktified (05-07-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 10:07 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
So he should open up a claim with HD corporate because he can't get an appointment for 2 weeks?? If dealership told him 2 weeks, then its 2 weeks...he can try another dealer OR wait the 2 weeks like a reasonable person...
To me the dealer has an obligation to look at the bike right away, as they just worked on it. If it was a new issue out of the blue then no issues with having to wait. Dealer seems like they are putting him off on purpose. Any dealer I have dealt with over the years would want to get the bike back in to make sure it wasn’t a mishap on their part. In this day and age customer service is a priority for HD.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 11:04 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
To me the dealer has an obligation to look at the bike right away, as they just worked on it. If it was a new issue out of the blue then no issues with having to wait. Dealer seems like they are putting him off on purpose. Any dealer I have dealt with over the years would want to get the bike back in to make sure it wasn’t a mishap on their part. In this day and age customer service is a priority for HD.
While all of that is true, not seeing the connection between changing tires and electrical DTC's b 135c - b 1342c - PO333c

Not sure that b 135c is correct as I can't find it...
b1342c is rear left speaker disconnected
P0333c is rear knock sensor high

c = current codes

All dealerships are "***** to the wall" right now trying to deal with slow supply and super high demand (can't get bikes delivered fast enough) ...the dealer probably can't see the connection either and I'm assuming they told him that...they agreed to look at it, just not instantly...I mean who knows how the conversation went...I'm not saying its a correct response, its just the way it is right now...

Absolutely no need though, to start a case with HD corporate over this...

Have all the fuses been checked as good?

Old 04-21-2021, 11:51 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Any dealer worth it's salt, would make an exception, being how they were the ones that worked on bike, and it started getting codes, they should at least hook it up to get reasons why it's throwing codes, and if it was something pertaining to their service, resolve it, imo. I would call them and try to explain the situation

Old 04-21-2021, 03:08 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,867 Likes on 5,303 Posts

Maybe if HD was not shutting down so many dealerships he could get his bike looked at. Or with so many being closed down why not hire a few of the people that were sent home.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:58 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 837 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Maybe if HD was not shutting down so many dealerships he could get his bike looked at. Or with so many being closed down why not hire a few of the people that were sent home.
Exactly my thoughts. It's crystal clear that this new management doesn't consider customer service a priority after shutting down so many excellent small dealerships. Now we are at the mercy of the faceless mega dealerships that only care about pushing bikes out the door with hopes that they never see you again. MOCO has stepped on it's dick hiring a sneaker salesman to run the show.
The two week wait at the mega dealers will become the norm, imagine waiting 2 weeks to hear, " that's normal" now screw........next.

smitty901 (04-30-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 09:09 AM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 738 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
Exactly my thoughts. It's crystal clear that this new management doesn't consider customer service a priority after shutting down so many excellent small dealerships. Now we are at the mercy of the faceless mega dealerships that only care about pushing bikes out the door with hopes that they never see you again. MOCO has stepped on it's dick hiring a sneaker salesman to run the show.
The two week wait at the mega dealers will become the norm, imagine waiting 2 weeks to hear, " that's normal" now screw........next.
I wouldn’t want you working for my company. So your saying the guy who came in that has sales and profits up was a mistake? Oh Ok.

bradsULtd (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 09:11 AM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 738 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbmgd
Dealership is swamped .Can't get appointment for two weeks . I cleared the codes . Took the bike for a ride . They came back .
Wow thats really bad customer service.

Quick Reply: My 2020 RGL is showing three codes . I can't clear .