Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

USAA-Insurance, investment and banking

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:08 PM
dbaker2112
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just talked to them (USAA)this morning. was refered out to progressive. so far the cheapest coverage ive found. was even a few dollars cheaper going thru usaa to progressive than thru hd to progressive. dont know what kind of rate cut progressive has with USAA.

Have had USAA for several years now. absolute great service. to bad they dont insure bikes directly.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbaker2112
Just talked to them (USAA)this morning. was refered out to progressive. so far the cheapest coverage ive found. was even a few dollars cheaper going thru usaa to progressive than thru hd to progressive. dont know what kind of rate cut progressive has with USAA.

Have had USAA for several years now. absolute great service. to bad they dont insure bikes directly.
While cheaper, make sure that Progressive is matching your liability limits on your USAA policy.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

USAA is great..good company....I dont have my insurance through them, GEICO for my car is cheaper, and nobody has beat Progessive for my bike..I keep checking with USAA..

Old 02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Agent Orange
Cruiser

I've had two dealings with USAA ins...people hitting my daughter...worthless ins company..kept wanting the bodyshop to use used parts that they had found,I had to pay extra both times to have work done correctly...

Old 02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have USAA for everything and they contract out through progressive for rec vehicles. I've shopped around and going through progressive with USAA was over half the price as everyone else with the same coverages. I love USAA!!

AGENT ORANGE
That sucks you had a couple bad experiences because when I wrecked my car they had my check to me within 10 days and I even got money for the mods that were done without receipts and gave me 100% back on the new rims and tires because that was the only receipt I had since they were just put on the day before I wrecked it.

As price goes if you do find another company cheaper call USAA like I did and tell them I'm going with this company unless you can beat it. Not only did they beat their price, they smoked it. I've been with them for 8 years and they are outstanding.

Last edited by JaronB; 02-06-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:23 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Agent Orange
I've had two dealings with USAA ins...people hitting my daughter...worthless ins company..kept wanting the bodyshop to use used parts that they had found,I had to pay extra both times to have work done correctly...
Yeah, that does suck but all insurance companies will do that in liability cases. Has to be a collector's car, etc to warrant them changing it. And even then it's hard to do.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Agent Orange
Cruiser

All I can go by is the experience I've had (2) with them..last one took almost 2 months to get my money...

Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm with USAA for about 15 yrs now and I've had a couple of "incidences" that needed some repair.. USAA has always been awesome to deal with.. They don't insure bikes here in IL but patched me through to Progressive.. I was in shock at the rate.. Called a local agent that was now carrying Dairyland... Got a great price, winter discount, higher limits and coverage than the overpriced Progressive rates.. I think I pay $340/ yr with $500 dect and $100k/$300k limits.. Check out Dairyland..

Last edited by Rail; 02-06-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

I use USAA, been great. Only problem is they wont cover loaner bikes (Like during Service)

I also used Dairyland in past, and they were great.

I need a company that will cover a loaner bike

Mike@nhca.us

Mike

Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
dbalke
3rd Gear

As I understand it, they insure bikes on a state-by-state basis. I spoke with them about a month ago, and was told that they do not insure in NH, but do arrange the insurance through some other company (I do not remember which).

As far as they go, USAA is great. I have everything through them (bank, car insurance, mortgage & home owner's insurance, credit cards, home equity, investments). They are always easy to deal with and always fast to resolve claims. I have had several claims with over the past few years; mt son has been in two accidents (one his fault); my wife has been in four, three on ice (one was a school bus) that were her fault, and one that was not her fault; and I have had two claims, one a hit & run total on New Years eve and the other was road debris that destroyed both driver's side rims. The claims were all handled fast with settlement to the bank within a week. They even replaced the tires they were destroyed by the road debris; they had about 30k miles on them.

If you can get your scooter insured through USAA, even if they are a little more expensive, I would do it. Since they are sending me to someone else, I am going to actually shop around a bit.

Last edited by dbalke; 02-14-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: USAA-Insurance, investment and banking