Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Geico Insurance Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldguyriding
Thanks for all the replys. The person I hit is also insured by Geico. The police report states that she was making an unsafe left turn. Geico acts like they've never dealt with a motorcycle claim before. They are jerking around on paying my Harley dealer for the repairs. And the dealer won't start on the bike until the get the money. And of course I'm caught in the middle. I'm just wondering if this in normal for Geico.
Start complaining of pains in your neck and recurring pains in your back resulting from the accident. Bet they will get your bike done along with a release of liability form for you to sign pretty damn quick

Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
I know for a fact that Geico screwed over a couple of really nice Cavemen !

Several times.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have geico on my truck and on my 2 bikes, never (knock on wood) had a bike claim, but had multiple accidents in the truck, they were right on the ball, I have no complaints, when I call about bike questions they seem to know what they are talking about, the last women I spoke with was jealous of my email y2kflhr, she rode....

good luck

Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
tejasrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geico will never get a penney of my money. They are known to donate radar guns to PD's. Plus I tried a qoute years ago on my truck. I had one minor fender bender, claim was 800 bucks, Geico said my policy would be 2400 a year because of that accident, I told them they were nuts, the response I got was "have a nice day".
Geico will go under before they ever get a dime from me.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good thing about florida...state law says replacement value, not some "blue book". If the book says 10 grand, but all the dealers want 12 grand, then it's 12...

Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldguyriding
Thanks for all the replys. The person I hit is also insured by Geico. The police report states that she was making an unsafe left turn. Geico acts like they've never dealt with a motorcycle claim before. They are jerking around on paying my Harley dealer for the repairs. And the dealer won't start on the bike until the get the money. And of course I'm caught in the middle. I'm just wondering if this in normal for Geico.

I don't know where you are but in florida they are responsible for a rental vehicle also. Some insurance co's. will try to claim a bike is an RV and not covered, but in Fl. if it is your primary transportation it is covered. Check your state law if it is the same, then tell them you are renting a bike and that will be added to the bill. See how fast they move.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Even if your law doesn't include bikes, Tell them you need a rental car....for transportation, until your bike is fixed....

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 PM
shake rattle n roll
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by todd-67
If this wasn't your fault and this is someone elses insurance company I would fight for replacement on everything. If you are not getting anywhere get your insurance company or a lawyer involved.

Bottom line is not to sign off on anything until everything is the way you want it.

What he said, once you sign off thats it you are done

Just remember the bodyshop is also dealing with these people and may not be makeing much .......Goes back to

Now why it cost so much to paint tins ?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:02 PM
gradyroos
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my bike down in Oct.
It went to Topeka HD
Had no problems with Geico, they paid the claim within 7 days of Harley sending it to them.

It may be a matter of that dealer having a bad relationship with Geico.

My biggest wait times on my bike were getting the painted parts from Harley.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had them overseas when I was in the army and they were the only game in town but would not have them any other time.

Quick Reply: Geico Insurance Experience