Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

nova scotia motorcycle insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM
harley2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question nova scotia motorcycle insurance

this is the time of year to renew my insurance. i'm looking for feedback from members from n.s to see who they are insured with in order to get the best rates. it always pays to shop around. i'm presently insured with TD ( primmum ) and their rates have really gone up.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 189 Posts

I'm with Primmum here in Ontario. My rates just went up 12% - WTF? I started checking other companies and found that Primmum is still hundreds cheaper. I hate Ontario - Arizona here I come!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
DMcBiker
Cruiser

I'm in New Brunswick, insured with a local agent. Rates are nuts, it's $836.00 a year for 2005 Harley. That's $300 more to insure then my fully gammed Yukon XL?? Go figure....

Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
01harleygal
Novice

We're from Nova Scotia and with Primmum also, and are looking around for another insurer. Have been with them since 2004, but this year they've gone up too much that it's probably time to switch.

Called Privateer's HD to see which they recommend when they sell a bike to someone new and they told us that they heard a lot of stories about Primmum and their not-so-good prices anymore!! They didn't really help with another insurer to call, so we're going to be calling around soon to different ones, as ours with Primmum expires in February!!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 PM
harley2
Advanced

Originally Posted by 01harleygal
We're from Nova Scotia and with Primmum also, and are looking around for another insurer. Have been with them since 2004, but this year they've gone up too much that it's probably time to switch.

Called Privateer's HD to see which they recommend when they sell a bike to someone new and they told us that they heard a lot of stories about Primmum and their not-so-good prices anymore!! They didn't really help with another insurer to call, so we're going to be calling around soon to different ones, as ours with Primmum expires in February!!

i called a.a. munroe, they sell road wings insurance from aviva. not bad rates. td(primmum) wants 690.00 for a year for full coverage. road wings wants 764.00 for basically the same coverage. she tells me that what ever i insure my bike for is what i will get in case of an accident. not this wholesale black book value. also covered for accident with an animal whish i don't think is covered by td. sonds like it is worth the xtra 70.00. road wings rates sem to go by declared value.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
01harleygal
Novice

Originally Posted by harley2
i called a.a. munroe, they sell road wings insurance from aviva. not bad rates. td(primmum) wants 690.00 for a year for full coverage. road wings wants 764.00 for basically the same coverage. she tells me that what ever i insure my bike for is what i will get in case of an accident. not this wholesale black book value. also covered for accident with an animal whish i don't think is covered by td. sonds like it is worth the xtra 70.00. road wings rates sem to go by declared value.
Thanks for the info, we'll try a.a. munroe to see what they will do for us on Monday !?