Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2002 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default 2002 Road King Classic

I bought this bike in '03-'04 with about 10,000 miles on it. I've loved this bike and treated it kindly - and its been really good to my wife and I. Unfortunately, I'm not riding as much as I once did and after a couple years of twisting back and forth, we've decided to sell it.

This is an '02 Road King Classic with 35,654 original miles. It has Delphi FI, stock 88ci...Luxury Blue/ White Birch. This bike screams 'Nostalgic Harley Davidson'. The bike was pretty much plain-jane stock when we bought it but my wife and I found lots of aftermarket items and we had fun building it together.

I am a gentle and safe driver so this bike has not every been treated poorly. It has never been down, always garaged (except when on overnight rides), religiously washed and under cover. You can see the pictures posted that I've added a lot of extras to it. Some of what is mounted on it and some that goes with the sale:

Mustang two-piece seat, an HD Sundowner one-piece, HD Luggage rack (detachable), HD Passenger backrest, Ameritex bag, Chilhowee & Iron Braid Leather, Trucker Girl Shift linkage, Motherwell rear rail, Blue dots on front and back, Wild 1 Chubby handlebars-#WO518 Chubby RK Bars, Layback license plate mount, profile rear saddlebag guards, RKC saddlebag guard rails, HD V-logo front & rear rails, Chrome front lock cover, Long Range Windshield (one year old), Custom front axle covers, HD Visor headlamp & driving lamps & turn signal rings, HD - RKC leather windshield pouch, HD Classic Fender tip, Chrome front lower forks, HD-RKC Fender Skirt, HD-Nostalgic Footboards (driver and passenger), HD Gauge visor ring, HD Turn Signal Visors (front & rear), HD Travel tour bags, HD color matched air-cleaner ring, HD Derby Cover, HD-RKC Passenger footboard covers, Smooth horn cover with V-Logo, HD handlebar mount and clock, HD Nostalgic shifter and brake pegs, Highway mounts and pegs, both tires are relatively new and have lots of tread left. *I've probably missed several things on this list - can't remember all of what I bought for the bike.

I'm located in Pueblo, CO.

I'm asking $9,000 for it. Of course, NADA will not favor me on this but the pictures of this bike speak for itself.

Thanks for looking.

~Whiskers~

Old 09-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,518 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Nice looking bike. Any upgrades on the Cam Chain Tensioners?

Old 09-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ron750
Nice looking bike. Any upgrades on the Cam Chain Tensioners?
No sir. It is something that has been on my mind but I never had them done. Spring of 2016 I replaced seals that were starting to leak. It has a new battery that I placed in it this year. New spark plugs a couple years ago. The local HD shop (Outpost HD) did most of the servicing on this bike.

For complete transparency....I did hit a pothole several years ago and bottom out the front shock and so there is a ding in the front fender though the paint is all good.

Last edited by Whiskers; 09-06-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Saturday morning bump!

Old 09-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,012 Likes on 2,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
No sir. It is something that has been on my mind but I never had them done. Spring of 2016 I replaced seals that were starting to leak. It has a new battery that I placed in it this year. New spark plugs a couple years ago. The local HD shop (Outpost HD) did most of the servicing on this bike.

For complete transparency....I did hit a pothole several years ago and bottom out the front shock and so there is a ding in the front fender though the paint is all good.
reminds me of the term "garbage barge" not a bad thing lol....it's what they called the full dressers after the owners had put just about every conceivable accessory on their bikes...love the bike especially the fishtails...not in the market but looks extra clean and someone will be happy to have it

Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Bump...

Old 09-14-2017, 11:31 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Awesome Beautiful Looking Bike...GLWS !.

Thorey

The following users liked this post:
Whiskers (09-14-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:27 AM
daveyji
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bike Whiskers. I just bought an 08 classic. I'm in Boulder.
Just wanted to say that your bike comes up a lot when I google RK images on google.
I recognized it right away.,
Good luck with the sale.

Whiskers (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks Davey!

Old 09-16-2017, 07:50 PM
solobip
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Davey!
I bought this bike in '03-'04 with about 10,000 miles on it. I've loved this bike and treated it kindly - and its been really good to my wife and I. Unfortunately, I'm not riding as much as I once did and after a couple years of twisting back and forth, we've decided to sell it.

This is an '02 Road King Classic with 35,654 original miles. It has Delphi FI, stock 88ci...Luxury Blue/ White Birch. This bike screams 'Nostalgic Harley Davidson'. The bike was pretty much plain-jane stock when we bought it but my wife and I found lots of aftermarket items and we had fun building it together.

I am a gentle and safe driver so this bike has not every been treated poorly. It has never been down, always garaged (except when on overnight rides), religiously washed and under cover. You can see the pictures posted that I've added a lot of extras to it. Some of what is mounted on it and some that goes with the sale:

Mustang two-piece seat, an HD Sundowner one-piece, HD Luggage rack (detachable), HD Passenger backrest, Ameritex bag, Chilhowee & Iron Braid Leather, Trucker Girl Shift linkage, Motherwell rear rail, Blue dots on front and back, Wild 1 Chubby handlebars-#WO518 Chubby RK Bars, Layback license plate mount, profile rear saddlebag guards, RKC saddlebag guard rails, HD V-logo front & rear rails, Chrome front lock cover, Long Range Windshield (one year old), Custom front axle covers, HD Visor headlamp & driving lamps & turn signal rings, HD - RKC leather windshield pouch, HD Classic Fender tip, Chrome front lower forks, HD-RKC Fender Skirt, HD-Nostalgic Footboards (driver and passenger), HD Gauge visor ring, HD Turn Signal Visors (front & rear), HD Travel tour bags, HD color matched air-cleaner ring, HD Derby Cover, HD-RKC Passenger footboard covers, Smooth horn cover with V-Logo, HD handlebar mount and clock, HD Nostalgic shifter and brake pegs, Highway mounts and pegs, both tires are relatively new and have lots of tread left. *I've probably missed several things on this list - can't remember all of what I bought for the bike.

I'm located in Pueblo, CO.

I'm asking $9,000 for it. Of course, NADA will not favor me on this but the pictures of this bike speak for itself.

Thanks for looking.

~Whiskers~

Whiskers, sad to read this. I have always admired your ride and classic look. I would use your bike as a guide on how things would look o on 04To RKC

Whiskers (09-17-2017)

Quick Reply: 2002 Road King Classic