Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

RARE 1983 FXDG Willie G Special $11,000 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 PM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RARE 1983 FXDG Willie G Special $11,000 OBO

I work in the Gulf of Mexico oilfeild and things were already rough before the Drilling Ban, now it's downright scary. Long story short, had some money saved up for an everyday bike so I could elevate (or lower depending on your perspective) this old honey to "Garage Queen" status. But, that cash has to go in the "Oh ****!" fund. So I had to decide whether my love for this particular bike was stronger than my love for riding. I can't afford to treat this old girl right if I ride regular anymore. I've decided I wanna ride. So, here I am to see if one of you guys can help give this sweetheart a home where she'll continue to get the love and attention she deserves.

1983 FXDG, the Disc Glide. Special Edition Twin Belt Drive Wide Glide. Only 720 - 750 produced, 500 in US the rest shipped overseas. 35,000 miles. Frame-up refurbish 2006 - 2008. Top-end done during that time with 0.10 over Wiseco pistons. Andrews A/B cam installed. BDL primary belt-drive (I kept the original parts). Also had tranny rebuilt with Andrews bushings and bearings during refurbish. The bike had a CV carb when I bought it and I replaced it with a fresh one set-up for shovelheads in February along with new tanks. Had the horn cover and kick return spring cover repainted in burgundy at the same time. Just put a set of Baker Klassic Kicker gears in it recently.

Original "special" parts still on the bike: Spun aluminum rear wheel. Cross-drilled front brake rotors. Handlebar bag. Sissy bar pouch. "Special Editin Twin Belt Wide Glide" rear belt guard. Body color primary, body color dash. 4-speed for twin belt drive. Factory custom seat.

Original "special" parts missing: Air cleaner insert and nose cone insert that read "Special Edition Twin Belt Wide Glide". Gold rear fender medallion. Exhaust dress up pieces at cylinder head. Flat black mirrors. Flat black pipes.

I do have a lead on where to get some NOS parts to replace some of the things missing.

Current problems (it's a shovel, stuff happens): Front right side caliper leaking. Tranny seal on primary side leaking. Electric starter doesn't always engage correctly. The paint on some parts is orange peeled a little and there are some imperfections. The buddy who did the lion's share of the work on the bike was learning to paint and did the refurbish work in exchange for letting him practice painting on this bike. The rear pulley is discolored since its been back on the road. Still, very beautiful bike.

I rode the bike regularly until I decided to sell it. It starts easily and runs strong. Everything works, and most everything works like it should.

Asking $11,00 negotiable. Would consider trade for a 2008 or 2009 Hayabusa.

Here's my Youtube channel with some videos of her. The kickstart videos are my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rebelshovel

The bike is also on Cycletrader: http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...-FXDG-97134316

I live in Maurice, LA, about 150 miles west of New Orleans)
Cell number: (337)522-2276
E-Mail: shovel4me4ever@live.com

Old 07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool bike to bad you have to sell it, I never seen a twin belt before

Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 AM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced

Thanks Roofer. If you know anybody who'll give her a good home, steer them this way.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 PM
ppablog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 83 Shovel

Too bad you can't take care of the little imperfections - that's a pretty hard bike to find - hell, you could probably get more for it.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced

I would love to make it more perfect. But, that's why the price a little low and negotiable. I am willing to deal.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced

Seriously folks, make me offer. I love to haggle!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool bike, never seen one. G/L w/ the sale, but sorry you have to sell it.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:16 PM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced

Thanks Mk1. My momma said sometimes it just bes dat way I'd rather see her go to someone with the resources to treat her right. There's be another shovel in my life some day, but now just ain't the time.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced

bump tp top

Old 07-23-2010, 06:42 PM
shovel4me4ever
Advanced

CORRECTION to production number. Chatted on Facebook wirh Darwin Holmstrom, Author of "Harley Davidson Motor Co. Archive Collection". Harley gave him a total productio numbeer of 810 FXDGs in 1983. He said they are pretty **** about these things. Confirmed it in the book at Books-A-Million today. It was nice to finally see a book about Harleys finally mention the FXDG. There is an FXDG in the Harley Archive Collection. How cool is that?

810 FXDGs produced total . . ever.

Quick Reply: RARE 1983 FXDG Willie G Special $11,000 OBO