Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 AM
KILRBUSA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide

2008 FLHX Street Glide- CRIMSON SUNGLO RED pops crazy in the sun and night lights

*****96CI motor, 6speed tranny, Brembo brakes*****
Purchased w 2200 miles and its approaching 5000miles, the factory warranty expired not long ago and I inquired at the dealer and was told another warranty upto 2yrs could be purchased, I do my own work but figured it would benefit someone who purchased it from me for peace of mind.

I bought this FLHX from orig owner and brought her home, immediately stripping her down to make her mine. The mods I chose make this a nice eye catching daily rider that gets a ton of attention and stands out in a group of bikes w tons of money invested. Everything is practically new on this bike since it was finished in June but owning several bikes I ride as much as possible . I purchased the bike for this color: CRIMSON SUNGLO RED, I am a dark blue color guy- but this deep metalic Tri-coat burgandy has tons of fine gold simmer to it atop large silver flake that is uneasy on the eyes; yet is very classy to folks of all ages. I have 50-60yr old guys say how they never seen a vibrant color so classy and young guys saying how the candy pops in the sun...i notice it in the lights at night as well!

This is the year where everything is upgraded and interchangeable up until 2013, this has the large size axles, same brakes, fuel tank, as well as the EFI, electronics, and all the driveline components even the seats.

-Performance Machine Chrome Torque 21 front and 18 rear wheels(rear is the 5 inch stock is 3.5 so it looks the same as 2009)
-FBI wrap style fender
-FBI chrome fender brackets
-AVON Cobra front and Storm rear tires(this handles like a sport bike!)
-Lyndall front brakes
-chrome OEM harley forks
-custom hidden F Brake line
-progressive fork kit- lowered front about 1.5 inches
-MGS true duals
-Danny Gray buttcrack solo seat w matching passenger saddle
(have black and burgundy large boa skin material to cover seats any day now)
-passenger backrest HD quik detach setup w matching backrest PAD and its the shortest version as i m trading a member here.
-Crimson sunglo redcolor matched Inner Console and Windshield
-Soundstream 8.5 inch flip out TV/DVD/radio
-Boston Acquoistic 6.5 separates w tweeters mounted in speaker grills using the OEM hole via adapters
-Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x2 amp
-does have a bikertronics box installed as well as remote thumb switches
-brand new DEKA battery first week of June w 5yr warranty
-bright white LED lighting system w remotoe(multi function weather proof -LED pods w control box operated by key pad to make lights run, strobe, flash, or just illuminate the bike, this is a quality $800 kit not your chessy $159 colored stick on kit!)
-working on rear air ride also as we speak!

It's not as built as some bikes but gets plenty of heads turning and compliments from folks of all ages. Its runs and drives like new, I am sure I am skipping some mods but I would not hesitate to jump on this bike and ride to Daytona in the morning. Alot of time went into this Street Glide as I researched the mods to harley touring bikes then purchased the parts i decided on and assembled the complete bike myself...I wanted it to handle & accelerate & stop like a like my japanese race bikes or better. I honestly didn't think I would sell this bike but I had an accident on my Busa and have some medical bills and other obligations to tend to.

****Free and clear title in my possession****
*****Located in surburban Philadelphia PA*****

Price is $19,500...i will consider possible partial trades but please be sensible: must be something i may enjoy and be priced accordingly...i dont do book values! Possible trades Cars, trucks, SUVs, bikes, UTV, etc.

Please Serious Calls
John

Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 AM
KILRBUSA
Tourer

2008 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide:

Crimson Sunglo Red, 5k, 96CI, 6spd, PM 21/18 wheels, AVONS w supersized rear wheel/tire combo

Ton of things not mentioned which can easily get overlooked!

$19,900 CASH / possible partial trade

Attached Thumbnails Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg1.jpg   Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg3.jpg   Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg2.jpg   Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg4.jpg  
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 AM
KILRBUSA
Tourer

PHOTOS taken since I started riding this past June...PM wheels and Avon tires when I got them in april.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg7.jpg   Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg6.jpg   Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg4.jpg   Custom Bagger--FLHX Street Glide-sg5.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 07:56 PM
KILRBUSA
Tourer

Whats this thing a POS??

Old 09-07-2013, 08:14 PM
cweiss
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 18 Posts

nice bike GLWS

Last edited by cweiss; 09-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 PM
KILRBUSA
Tourer

Thanks CW....this is a reliable and would make someone proud. It's a get on and rid bike ...I check air in tires and fill w gas and never had any issues. I am about to ride to Wisconsin for the Harley rally if I can get better the results of my sport bike accident.

Have a ton more photos for anyone interested.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:40 AM
fxdxruss
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the write up, very comprehensive and thorough! Best of luck with it, slow down
as with all the hype on the 2014's it might take some time to find a buyer to appreciate the bike you have built.
Bump for KB.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM
KILRBUSA
Tourer

Russ thanks for your compliments

Old 09-14-2013, 03:42 PM
KILRBUSA
Tourer

TTT bump up

Old 09-19-2013, 05:03 PM