Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Anyone in Kansas (Wichita or surrounding areas) up for the Iron Butt Saddle Sore Challenge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:28 PM
pr_capone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Kansas (Wichita or surrounding areas) up for the Iron Butt Saddle Sore Challenge?

One Thousand Miles in 24 hours!

I would like to do this on a Saturday when the weather is between 80 - 90 degrees or so.

The trip would begin in Wichita and would head west on a back roads tour of Kansas.

I would be on a Sportster so there will be frequent gasoline stops and the more people we can get together for this... the better, more fun, and safer it would be for everyone.

Any interest?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 PM
kdiman
Advanced
Default RE: Anyone in Kansas (Wichita or surrounding areas) up for the Iron Butt Saddle Sore Challenge?

I might be interested in it.

Kelly

Old 03-15-2008, 11:17 PM
pr_capone
Tourer
Default RE: Anyone in Kansas (Wichita or surrounding areas) up for the Iron Butt Saddle Sore Challenge?

w00t!

since the title got cut off... this is what I am talking about.

http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm

Old 03-17-2008, 12:35 PM
wbill70
Advanced

Obviously, depending on the date, I'd be up for it.....

Old 03-30-2008, 03:13 AM
Scoones
Advanced

I'm game. My work schedule is pretty f'ed up, but I can make it happen with enough lead time.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy here in Hutch did the Iron Butt on Labor day, rode to Minn, got a Mcd hamburger and rode back, Hell I told him they Have those in town. If your doing it on a Sporty your a brave feller, I have a 1200c and don't think I would be up to it...You will probably have to do alot of superslab to make it in 24hrs, he did anyway.....good luck

Old 04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Ironbutt on a Sportster. YOU, my friend, are the man!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
dubblist
Tourer

I think I'm going to do it also but in Colorado. There's two riding groups that hold one every year with a route that takes you up to Rapid City, Sturgis, Deadwood, over to Devils Tower and back down to Denver. Starts about 2am and most folks get back about 10-11pm that night. My butt is usually hurting after riding up to Sturgis and that's only 7 hours/500 milesso we'll see if I make it..ha ha.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:21 AM
hjdistl
Advanced

ORIGINAL: littlebear

My buddy here in Hutch did the Iron Butt on Labor day, rode to Minn, got a Mcd hamburger and rode back, Hell I told him they Have those in town. If your doing it on a Sporty your a brave feller, I have a 1200c and don't think I would be up to it...You will probably have to do alot of superslab to make it in 24hrs, he did anyway.....good luck
I have several friends who have done the 1000,1500,CC50 and CCC100. You are going to have to do a lot of slab pounding. An all interstate run will take you 16-18 hours.

Asfar asdoing it on a Sportster. No problem. A gal from out HOG chapter took the ABC's of Touring title in 2006 with a 883 Sportster. She did 42000 mile on hers. She has 92000 on it now and is going strong.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, has anything even come about with the planning on this (route, time, date...)

Quick Reply: Anyone in Kansas (Wichita or surrounding areas) up for the Iron Butt Saddle Sore Challenge?