Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hello Riders!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 11:25 AM
Bradley Boyce
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hello Riders!

Hello folks,

First let me start by saying thanks for welcoming me into your group. My name is Bradley a.k.a. Brad. I have been riding bikes of many types and brands for numerous years. I grew up riding everything from an old school Hodaka with my older brother when I was 5 to ripping the land up with a YZ250 at age 15 to and from school most days. As a wild and ignorant youth I had no regard for the property of others or any concern of disturbing anyone. Needless to say, even in a rural setting where I lived during my commute I had many opertunities to break the law and in turn cost my mother a lot of money and grief with the law. anyway, I digress. As I grew older I purchased my first "road" bike which was a KDX250 and rode that until a car suited my needs more. Beyond that, I have always been a sportsbike rider owning primarily Suzuki bikes like the mid 90's Katana bikes with one Honda in the mix that I wrecked at high speeds on a closed stretch of road in 1996 and on up to my latest which was a 2008 GSX750R until I bought my first cruiser about 6 years ago. That bike was a beautiful and brand new Honda vt750 Shadow Spirit with all her shiny black and chrome (allbeit chrome plated plastic). I instantly fell in love with the cruiser feel and not being a very young man anymore the ride and comfort was quite noticeably more pleasant. The ride of the Shadow was quite surprisingly plush and she handled like a dream. The bike was very nice but a bit under powered for my taste and sometimes needs. At that point I was hanging around with a club and found myself asking more of the bike than she had to give riding along with a pack of big bore bikes and sometimes the roll outs were a tad bit more quick paced than others and I played catch up a lot. That being said, I bought my first Harley in 2014. It was a 1999 FXDL with the 80ci evo and prior to me owning this bike I had never even sat on any Harley in my life. I was hooked from the very moment I felt the rattle within my soul. The vibration took me back a bit to the ride of the old 2 stroke dirt bikes I rode as a kid and it gave me a feeling of euphoria and nostalgia all in one moment. I loved my Dyna and as far as I was concerned my old girl was the best scoot out there with all of her carburated hassle and bone chattering rumble. Throughout the next couple years or so I became more and more addicted of sorts to the older harley ways of thinking I suppose and within 3 years I put 54006 miles on the Dyna on top of the 21990 that were on her at time of purchase. I reached a level of Secretary within the club I was in and then some fairly serious differences in beliefs and respect for the law, fire and military defenders of all we hold dear made me resign as an officer and member all together as respectfully as possible which was not easy. Unfortunately, due to some severe family issues the need to sell some toys came upon us and not only did the Dyna go but I sold my 3 up Sea-Doo, an 07 Ninja 650r that I bought for my son, the 4x4 truck and quite a large collection of RC helos and almost everything collectable from West Coast Choppers. It was a difficult period for our family and through much sacrifice and hardship we came through the other side still alive and kicking. Now I am back on 2 wheels after a couple of the older kids have graduated and moved on and the Lord has bless us with some favor. I purchased another Dyna low rider that was beautiful the way she sat. The new bike is a 2002 FXDL and has virtually the same color scheme as my 99 model with a few small differences of course. I spent some hours and a few bucks to get her "Foxy" on the road and with my style now I am in yet another committed relationship with a carburated Harley but now with a 88 ci twin. As a New Yorker of course we wait to ride more than we actually get to do it but it has been in the 50s with a little rain here so we have been getting some early miles in. Yesterday was an early day at work so a colleague of mine and I got in a nice 100 mile ride in around a few local counties and the wife and I had a nice ride to dinner and time for some early melt off spring photography (her hobby) before a sunset ride back home. Looking forward to many miles and smiles with friends and family this year. Ride safe out there y'all and remember to do your part to keep motorcycling safe. It's not always the cagers actions

My Foxy before we headed out yesterday.

was an unusually warm day for March here in CNY.
that get us. "DO YOUR PART AND RISE SMART" God Bless!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:43 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Welcome to the Forum from Colorado!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Warrant
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 288 Posts

Welcome from Canada!

Old 03-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 587 Posts

Welcome from Winnipeg Canada

Old 03-16-2019, 12:06 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

WELCOME

Old 03-16-2019, 12:12 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Welcome to the forums!

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 03-16-2019, 12:43 PM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Canada.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:21 PM
critter85
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Welcome to the Forum

Old 03-16-2019, 01:33 PM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Howzit and Greetings from Houston and a Displaced Cut N Shoot Texan

Haole

Old 03-16-2019, 01:38 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,044 Likes on 4,356 Posts

Welcome to the forums from Ontario, Canada. So far, you have "Intro of the Year"

Quick Reply: Hello Riders!