Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Cook forest pa motorcycle routes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
section8joe
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cook forest pa motorcycle routes?

I'm going to be in Cook's Forest Memorial day weekend. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some motorcycle routes around the area?
Thanks in advance!!
Joe

Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We ride that way at least 2 times a summer..You can go to the bottom of the hill and turn up the river just be fore the bridge coming from Leeper that is, turn left at the bridge and head up river its a nice ride.... Or you can keep going on out to Sigel and turn left and ride over to the Buffet watch for signs the name of the place is (Farmers) there is a wide variety of animals there and good food... Or instead of turning left in Sigel keep going on down to Brookville and eat at Plyers Buffet it is one of the best in Penna....From there you can get on 322 and head to the house... Hope this helps....

Old 05-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Hey Joe --- Just take 80 into PA, get off at ext 60 (Shippenville) and take 66 up to Kane. 66 is a nice ride. In Kane, take 6 east for 10 or 12 miles, to Mt Jewett, and look for signs to Kinzua Bridge State Park. There was once a sightseeing/excursion train out of Kane, that went across a real high bridge here. The train would stop & let people off, who didn't want to ride across the bridge, it was that high. Anyway, it blew down in a tornadoe a few years ago. It's never been cleaned up, and it's kinda cool to see. Give you something to do if you have some time. Go back to route 6 the same way you went in, and take 6 west back toward Kane. Before you get back into Kane, turn right on 321 north & it comes out at Kinzua Dam. That's 59. Take 59 west & it comes back to 6 west near Warren PA. You can take 6 over to Edinboro & Meadville, and work your way home that way. That could be a pretty good day trip for you. If you're planning to stay overnight, I can help you out with a couple of other nice rides a little east of Kane, and can get you back to 80 at Dubois PA, if you wanna go home on 80. About 100 miles to Youngstown from Dubois.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry Joe --- Guess I wasn't payin' attention. Sounds like you're already gonna be there & looking for another day trip before you head home? Go a little further east & south, and go to Benezette to see the elk. Benezette has the largest herd of free-roaming elk, east of CO. There's a place there (Benezette Hotel) with outside seating, so you can have a burger & might be able to watch some elk just roamin' around town. That's where I see them --- not at the elk viewing areas. From there you can go down to 80 at Dubois to go home, unless you're headed back toward Kane.