On The Mend... Post your thoughts on loved ones who are "on the mend".

what doesnt kill you makes you stronger

Old 09-22-2007, 09:21 AM
ezglide1450
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what doesnt kill you makes you stronger

Hi all and greetings from England. I've been using this site for some months now and enjoy reading the varied posts so I thought I would share myexperience with you. Mid April this year I was riding my 2006 Dyna wideglide on a dual carriageway in Wales when I lost control on a left hander and drifted into the metal barrier separating the lanes. I was thrown over the top ending up in the fast lane of the opposing traffic but thankfully wasnt hit .My initial thoughts were I was ok but it turned out I had serious right leg crush injuries and a busted up left wrist and fingers. I was rushed to hospital where I had my right leg amputated above the knee. I think I broke all kinds of records as I was discharged from hospital after only 5 weeks albeit ina wheelchair. Since the accident I maintained a very positive outlook and a month ago got my firstprosthetic leg. I am pleased to report that I am up and walking without a stick and driving my car again. The bike ? well thats still undergoing tests as it appears the swinging arm mount at the back of the gearbox split which may well be the reason for my loss of control. Will I get another Harley ? Hell Yeah ! even if I have to trike it So remember no matter how bad it looks at the time positive mental attitude makes a huge difference. If anyone has any knowledge of alloy castings failing on Harleys I would love to hear from them as it may help in my accident investigation

Old 03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: what doesnt kill you makes you stronger

Wow, guess you are lucky to be alive. Makes me kind of hesitant to ride at all. Hope you heal quickly, good luck !

Old 04-25-2009, 04:51 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad your still with us!
I had a bad wreck several years ago. Messed me up pretty good. Nearly lost a foot. Got steel in there now.
Didn't make me stronger, made me weaker. But I sure am glad to still be here.

Search this Thread