On The Mend... Post your thoughts on loved ones who are "on the mend".

Jeanie Capps recovering at home

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jeanie Capps recovering at home

Jeanies condition hasnt improved all that much recently. She has had some reduction with the heavy pain meds, however she isnt very responsive to anyone. I think she is breathing on her own, but may have phenumonia. She has a feed tube, since her jaw is wired shut from the break, and tubes in her lungs to drain the fluid. Of course there still is the numerous breaks that are mending. There is some talk of having her transported back to Bham, AL, but I dont know of that to be anything more than talk.

For those of you who dont know, Jeanie is a cousin of mine and was involved in a motorcycle wreck while at the Laconia Bike Rally, when a vendor in a F250 pulled out from the HD shop there in front of her path of travel. Jeanie locked up the brakes on her Roadglide, laid the bike down and slid under the truck.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:17 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Default RE: Jeanie Capps still in ICU

I remember your story about Jeanie. You said that she hasn't improved all that much. It sounds to me like maybe she has improved a little and a llittle is better than nothing at all. It might take time, but at least she is still trying to get better. Good luck

Old 07-12-2005, 01:55 AM
shewolf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prayers and good thoughts for Jeanie and family.

She and you are in my thoughts.

Kate

Old 07-12-2005, 03:17 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SinceCrazy,

Sometimes injuries that severe take a long time to show improvement. Each day is a day towards recovery and like said previously prayers and thoughts to Jeanie, yourself and your families.

John TN

Old 07-12-2005, 01:37 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

I think of Jeanie from time to time. I know that this will work out for the best. I continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Mac

Old 07-12-2005, 02:20 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SinceCrazy,

Little progress is definately better than no progress at all. We'll keep praying for her. There is a lot to mend and it will take some time. She'll pull through this.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:11 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

prayers and best wishes to your friend sincecrazy

Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Add my thoughts and prayers to those of the others.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Update 7-21-05

Ive heard that Jeanie has been upgraded to Serious condtion, versus Critical condition. There is a possibility to have her moved to a local hospital, however, medical insurance will only cover the cost accumulated from the hospital to the airport and from the airport to the hosptial. Charges incurred while aboard a medical flight would have to be paid by other means to the sum of $12000. So I dont think she'll be moved anytime soon, which means that Raymond (her husband), will continue to stay up there with her, and not return back to work. Its alot to think about sometime in that you go from enjoying vacation, and then it turns out to be a struggle for life with a life changing event. Ride safe, ride alert.

I wonder how envolved it would be to host a charity ride to raise the money to have her transported. Anyone have any experience with this, suggestions, ideas? Thanks once again for the thoughts/prayers.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Anniesage
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can I help? Is there a way to set up a donation fund to help with the expenses? I won't say that there isn't 'any way' cuz there is always room for miracles in life; however, I think we have a terrific group here that would be more than willing to pitch in a few bucks which, can multiply and grow quickly! Is there a way to set up a donation fund through a 'cringe' national bank (I really don't like big banks...but sometimes like now one must put dislikes aside) like BofA or Wells where someone could drop off a donation to a specific account at any branch?

She and her family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I will send more golden light her way.

Quick Reply: Jeanie Capps recovering at home