Pan America Pan America Forum Only

Pan America

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 08:15 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

pretty sure the bmw doesn't come with the dynamic pro dongle plugged in (it's in a plastic bag under the seat)... this will improve performance and throttle response.

either way, they're both fast bikes... but neither one is winning any races.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:35 PM
jsrracing
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I will just leave this here

The following 3 users liked this post by jsrracing:
'05Train (06-30-2021), 3dognate (07-01-2021), South107 (07-05-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 07:56 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by jsrracing
I will just leave this here
Yes, big powerful motorcycles with a lot of ground clearance are quite capable, especially when ridden well.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:31 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member

That's not fast... 🤣

Old 06-30-2021, 08:44 PM
jsrracing
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

but can you ride it through a state park with a 6 pack of beer ,thats the real question lmao .

The following 2 users liked this post by jsrracing:
Dan D. (06-30-2021), Jed Clampett (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 08:52 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member

Totally agree brother... I'm just messing with you anyways. Cool video btw.

The grey/gray PA is my favorite also. 👍

The following users liked this post:
jsrracing (07-22-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 02:09 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 497 Likes on 261 Posts

Many of you know how excited I was about the prospect of the PA back in 2017 when it was first announced as a concept. I followed all of the developments, spent time comparing drawings with photos of the competition, put a deposit down in the Fall of 2020, and of course the reservation in February after the reveal.

I finally heard a promising status on my order from my dealer's sales manager 28-May that HD finally accepted my order. There was no build date, no VIN, and no estimates of production or delivery. The sales manager estimated the last week of June to the first week of July that it would be here. When the news circulated the internet about the laced wheel shortage I inquired about my order the week of 21-Jun; my salesman said they had no information about my order yet. With only 3 weeks until I leave on a two week trip (the last harrah of the year followed by the usual ramp up of work and other duties in August) I sent another inquiry 1-Jul with no response from my dealer. When I get back from that trip I will not have time for motorcycle travel until next Spring again.

I feel that HD's policy of tiered dealers has let me down. If they told me when I made the reservation that it wouldn't happen until Fall at the the chosen dealer THEY sent me to it would be different. They said May. In the meantime people are walking into tier 1 dealers as late as the second week of June, ordering a PA, and taking delivery already in July. In my opinion, HD has built my bike and decided to sell it to someone else multiple times.

Long story longer, I feel that I no longer want the bike. It will be relegated to sitting and going on 1 hour rides on weekends until Spring 2022. To make matters worse the local Powersports dealer could care less to sell a motorcycle (hey, this side by side is better!), the only KTM dealer will not respond to inquiries at all, and I don't want another BMW.

The motorcycle industry, manufacturers and dealers included, needs an enema! They appear to be geared only to in person impulse buys.

Have fun with your PA's as I will be following along through your posts. Keep the rubber side down!

Last edited by dceggert; 07-04-2021 at 02:13 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dceggert:
'05Train (07-04-2021), Ivabign (07-11-2021), WherePanAm (07-05-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 02:33 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Sorry to hear that Dan. I'm with you that this was a sloppy rollout that didn't really do much for the pre-order people.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:35 PM
SJMathisen
Road Captain
Received 352 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by dceggert
Many of you know how excited I was about the prospect of the PA back in 2017 when it was first announced as a concept. I followed all of the developments, spent time comparing drawings with photos of the competition, put a deposit down in the Fall of 2020, and of course the reservation in February after the reveal.

I finally heard a promising status on my order from my dealer's sales manager 28-May that HD finally accepted my order. There was no build date, no VIN, and no estimates of production or delivery. The sales manager estimated the last week of June to the first week of July that it would be here. When the news circulated the internet about the laced wheel shortage I inquired about my order the week of 21-Jun; my salesman said they had no information about my order yet. With only 3 weeks until I leave on a two week trip (the last harrah of the year followed by the usual ramp up of work and other duties in August) I sent another inquiry 1-Jul with no response from my dealer. When I get back from that trip I will not have time for motorcycle travel until next Spring again.

I feel that HD's policy of tiered dealers has let me down. If they told me when I made the reservation that it wouldn't happen until Fall at the the chosen dealer THEY sent me to it would be different. They said May. In the meantime people are walking into tier 1 dealers as late as the second week of June, ordering a PA, and taking delivery already in July. In my opinion, HD has built my bike and decided to sell it to someone else multiple times.

Long story longer, I feel that I no longer want the bike. It will be relegated to sitting and going on 1 hour rides on weekends until Spring 2022. To make matters worse the local Powersports dealer could care less to sell a motorcycle (hey, this side by side is better!), the only KTM dealer will not respond to inquiries at all, and I don't want another BMW.

The motorcycle industry, manufacturers and dealers included, needs an enema! They appear to be geared only to in person impulse buys.

Have fun with your PA's as I will be following along through your posts. Keep the rubber side down!
I'm sorry you were having some challenges with the PA delivery If there is any comfort to be gained here, I had to wait for delivery of my BMW GSAdventure because of some recall's. I sense the entire supply chain issue in some industries is really in trouble. HD no exception. All the best.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,091 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by dceggert

Bad deal Dan....no other way to say it. I was told that my Tier one dealer wouldn't get any more bikes this year.

Quick Reply: Pan America