Pan America Pan America Forum Only

Pan America Reveal 2/22/2021

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Pugslycat01
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I hope HD has done their home work and hits it out of the park. My gut feeling is BMW, Honda, Ducati, KTM, Yamaha and other riders are not going to be standing in line to switch. Probably more current HD riders that are looking to add adventure bikes to their stable would most likely be the first buyers.
The problem is that H-D has to attract some of those BMW, Honda, Ducati, KTM, Yamaha and other riders or this has been a wasted effort. H-D really does have to beat the competitors on price and or features to do so. I don't know that a particularly good paint job is what's going to sell bikes in that market segment.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:49 PM
JoeMMonreale
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom 1250

MCN-UK is reporting that H.D. will introduce the Custom 1250 model in 2021. The article is dated December 9. I haven't seen any other reports on this news. Hopefully if the do introduce the Bronx, Cafe Racer, or Street Tracker; they'll have the 1250 engine. There's still no word on the new ohv 4 valve per cylinder engine whose blueprints were revealed earlier in the year.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:22 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 5,922 Likes on 2,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
The recent pictures look exactly like the bike that was on display in Daytona this year. It looks very nice. Personally as much as I love Harley Davidson’s I would not want to be the guinea pig on this one. There are amazing tested and proven bikes in this market sector. I hope HD has done their home work and hits it out of the park. My gut feeling is BMW, Honda, Ducati, KTM, Yamaha and other riders are not going to be standing in line to switch. Probably more current HD riders that are looking to add adventure bikes to their stable would most likely be the first buyers.

As always just an opinion.
I think just as they got the Livewire right before releasing it Im betting they did the same with the PA. They have a lot riding on it.

The following users liked this post:
Olypopper (01-04-2021)