Pan America Pan America Forum Only

PAS Reach seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 07:53 PM
TN-Squirrel
Tourer
Received 247 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Bucket
Thanks and yes, it was started but I cannot say it lowered. I asked about it because I really was surprised at how high it was. The salesman said "yes", it was at the lowest position. I really think I need to try it again.The bike had just been released and my dealership was doing demo rides. I was really counting on that lowering technology. From your response, I think the salesman might not have had the knowledge. I know him and would be surprised he missed something but - it was all brand new at the time to everyone. And your point about multiple people being on the bike, I was at least the sixth or seventh rider that morning. As I stated earlier, I didn't even try to ride. I just didn't get a good feel being so far from having a stable stance.

BTW - I contacted Corbin and was told their low seat was not lower than the stock seat at it's lowest. Can you tell if it is lower?

I put a lowering kit on a Yamaha Stratoliner about 8 years ago and swore to never do it again. It had a negative effect on the handling and I traded it in for my first Harley.

I don't doubt you about your situation, I just didn't like messing with the engineering. But I will look into the Mizu links - thanks.
I thought of putting a lowering kit on mine, then realized that the difficult side stand would become the impossible side stand… lol

Old 01-23-2023, 09:34 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TN-Squirrel
I thought of putting a lowering kit on mine, then realized that the difficult side stand would become the impossible side stand… lol
Thanks for both responses! I will try again for sure and might just try the one inch lowering link.

Old 01-24-2023, 03:12 AM
David V #44
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by CrewDawg_CO
I have a 2021 Special with ARH. I am 5'6" with a 29 inch inseam. I am using a Corbin low seat in the low position. I also installed Mizu 40mm rear lowering links. I am flat footed at stops wearing boots. I haven't touched the front forks and haven't noticed any negative affects on handling/riding after the install of the rear lowering links.

Question: When you sat on the bike at the dealer, did you turn on the ignition and verify that the bike lowered? The suspension "pumps up" if multiple people were getting on and off the bike. Also if the ride mode was set for custom, then the ARH might have been set to a delay or even off.
Also added the Mizu struts. I'm 5'11 but wanted the extra assurance of having both feet on the ground around town. Perfect solution. the bike feels so much tighter. I haven't touched the forks either. A good cheap solution too.

Old 01-24-2023, 03:14 AM
David V #44
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TN-Squirrel
There is no problem at all with the side stand but pulling the bike up on the centre stand is harder. Much harder.

Old 01-24-2023, 08:00 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by David V #44
There is no problem at all with the side stand but pulling the bike up on the centre stand is harder. Much harder.
Thanks - I believe I might just work this out after all. I see three items to follow through with now:

Probably the Sargent low seat (possibly the Corbin), risers with the pull back, and 1 inch lowering links.

To everyone responding, thanks!

Old 01-24-2023, 09:56 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,307 Likes on 1,298 Posts

If you're not in an immediate hurry, you might want to see what the new Pan America 975 offers. It's possible that, being smaller displacement, it may be smaller in other ways too.

Old 01-24-2023, 11:25 AM
benjamin lorenzo
Tourer
Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
If you're not in an immediate hurry, you might want to see what the new Pan America 975 offers. It's possible that, being smaller displacement, it may be smaller in other ways too.
I wouldn't hold your breath for the 975... you-tuber's and those who think they are in the know are saying its been "pruned" for now at least. And why would they release it until all the current issues have been properly addresses and tech trained?

However I would like to the see the 975 come out with a legit Sport Touring configuration.

The following users liked this post:
aviscomi (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 01:09 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
I was not aware the 975 was a reality. I will look into that some - thanks.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:17 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by benjamin lorenzo
I wouldn't hold your breath for the 975... you-tuber's and those who think they are in the know are saying its been "pruned" for now at least. And why would they release it until all the current issues have been properly addresses and tech trained?

However I would like to the see the 975 come out with a legit Sport Touring configuration.
The 975 (if it is a plan) would suit me perfectly if in fact it will exit and has a shorter frame. But - I do like the power numbers of the 1250. If I can get used to it, I am a buyer.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:21 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Thanks to all who gave advice. TN-Squirrel - I did try again and for sure, the bike did not lower - this was in early 2022. Today was an eye opener in that the dealership had 1 inch and 1/2 inch "boards" that simulate a seat or (not their preference) a link change. Placed on the floor left and right for foot stance. Why didn't I think of that??
Anyway, with additional inch (simulated seat) and the ARH active, I was really close to flat feet - what a difference. I am negotiating a purchase on a new 2022 model. The 2023 has some cool add ons but they are strictly cosmetic (I am told). The technical and mechanics of the bike are the same as for 2022.

I might just be on a PanAm next week.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rusty Bucket:
aviscomi (01-25-2023), TN-Squirrel (01-31-2023)

Quick Reply: PAS Reach seat