Pan America Pan America Forum Only

PAS Reach seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 05:55 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,328 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Bucket
Thanks to all who gave advice. TN-Squirrel - I did try again and for sure, the bike did not lower - this was in early 2022. Today was an eye opener in that the dealership had 1 inch and 1/2 inch "boards" that simulate a seat or (not their preference) a link change. Placed on the floor left and right for foot stance. Why didn't I think of that??
Anyway, with additional inch (simulated seat) and the ARH active, I was really close to flat feet - what a difference. I am negotiating a purchase on a new 2022 model. The 2023 has some cool add ons but they are strictly cosmetic (I am told). The technical and mechanics of the bike are the same as for 2022.
I don't know what you wear on your feet when riding, but the right boots can get you another inch or even two, depending on how massive the soles are. Harley Denslow boots have a 2" heel and a thick sole throughout.

Old 01-25-2023, 06:56 PM
TN-Squirrel
Tourer
Received 247 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks to all who gave advice. TN-Squirrel - I did try again and for sure, the bike did not lower - this was in early 2022. Today was an eye opener in that the dealership had 1 inch and 1/2 inch "boards" that simulate a seat or (not their preference) a link change. Placed on the floor left and right for foot stance. Why didn't I think of that??
Anyway, with additional inch (simulated seat) and the ARH active, I was really close to flat feet - what a difference. I am negotiating a purchase on a new 2022 model. The 2023 has some cool add ons but they are strictly cosmetic (I am told). The technical and mechanics of the bike are the same as for 2022.

I might just be on a PanAm next week.
Glad to hear you found a dealer that was helpful. You really will love the bike.

Old 01-25-2023, 08:31 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TN-Squirrel
Glad to hear you found a dealer that was helpful. You really will love the bike.
I sure hope so. I can't keep two bikes so I am sure I will miss the Street Glide in some respects but I am really looking forward to getting back to some back roads with some challenge. The PanAm is still relatively heavy but shedding somewhere around 260 pounds is sounding pretty good, too. I am not shrinking yet but the years are creeping up on me.

Old 01-25-2023, 08:35 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
I don't know what you wear on your feet when riding, but the right boots can get you another inch or even two, depending on how massive the soles are. Harley Denslow boots have a 2" heel and a thick sole throughout.

That is quite a boot and I have seen them before, just didn't need the height. I may need them now. I always ride in a motorcycle boot, either Harley or Merlin depending on the season. They aren't as high as that Denslow but I will take every inch I can get until I adapt. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 01-26-2023, 08:58 AM
benjamin lorenzo
Tourer
Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts

Of course I had to search for those boots as I am on the shorter side as well and didn't see them on the H-D site.... Gotta link?

Old 01-26-2023, 09:04 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by benjamin lorenzo
Of course I had to search for those boots as I am on the shorter side as well and didn't see them on the H-D site.... Gotta link?
I also looked and it appears they are no longer available. But if you scroll down on the H-D site under the Denslow page, "You May Also Like" section, there appears to be at least one or two substitutes. I have not researched those yet, myself but I am leaning in that direction. Could that be a pun?????

Old 01-26-2023, 09:26 AM
benjamin lorenzo
Tourer

Yeah, I dunno about the "H-D site under the Denslow page". This is what I got when I searched Denslow tho' no worries

Search results for Denslow

0 results
Sorry, no products were found. Try another search.
Popular Searches

Old 01-26-2023, 09:59 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,328 Likes on 1,310 Posts

I got 'em about 2.5 years ago, so I guess they're discontinued now? I love 'em, they helped my 30" inseam tame my 32.7-inch seat-height adventure bike, so I hope there's something comparable still available. These Denslow have a 2" heel height and the whole sole is thick throughout so they're not "high heel boots"!

Looking through their site, it looks like there might be some comparably tall boots out there based on heel height, but you'd have to try them in the store. I don't know if they make your legs longer overall or if they just have high heels...
The Tolman amd the Tyson have a 2" heel height and looks like a similar design to the Denslow.
The Stinson has a 1.75" heel height.
The Walden looks more like a conventional shoe, a 2" heel height, and it looks like the front of the sole is thick too.
The Darren looks like a conventional biker's boot with a Harley eagle on it, and claims a 1.75" heel. The sole doesn't look overly thick, but if you can get the ***** of your feet down already, you may not need a thick sole overall.
The Stahl looks like a biker's boot but with a Vibram sole, they claim a 1.75" heel, and they're by far the cheapest on the list.

But definitely try these on in the store. I can say the Denslow give me an actual 2" leg lengthening and they made all the difference in being able to flat-foot my V85TT. And hey, you can always stuff in a soft sole wedge or lift in there to get you a little additional heel height too I guess.

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Bucket (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 10:30 AM
benjamin lorenzo
Tourer

Nice! I like the Tolman for sure... thanks for links - helps alot

Old 01-30-2023, 08:42 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

I might just be on a PanAm next week.
I bit the bullet and got a 2022 Special. Traded my Street Glide and though I will miss it in some respects, ready to move on!

To all who had advice, thanks.

Now my new question is still the seat. I got the REACH seat and almost no difference that I can tell. Seems that the Sargent has the lowest offer at 1.75" lower than the OEM. I need that extra so am looking in that direction. Is the comfort there for 6 - 8 hour day, week long trips?

Hope this thread makes the rounds.

The following users liked this post:
TN-Squirrel (01-31-2023)

Quick Reply: PAS Reach seat