My run with the Pan America is over…

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 08:01 PM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 339 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Idahoboi
But the price 😯😦😳
It hurt a little, I could have probably traded into a 24 CVO Pan America for the same money as this Triple Black was pretty well loaded with everything but crash bars. But, I had sold off another old BMW (‘63 R69S) and that came close to paying the difference. Writing a check instead of financing takes away the dealer’s negotiating power so I got a fair deal.

You “can” get into a 1300GS pretty reasonable if you don’t mind foregoing some amenities and you like white.

Last edited by 3dognate; 04-10-2024 at 08:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Idahoboi (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 03:35 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 528 Likes on 365 Posts

Please don’t crucify me as I am in the GS Facebook page currently being steamrolled

Why did you choose the fully optioned with the premium pack other than it was available at the showroom.

I put a deposit on a GS and choose without the Premium pack after reading what all the feature it includes, I figured I’m not doing any off-roading and don’t really need Dynamic, Dynamic pro, and enduro pro modes

How likely are you going to use all the features it was intended for?

Last edited by vizcarmb; 04-14-2024 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:06 PM
downzero
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,959 Likes on 1,097 Posts

BMW definitely has the market cornered on that category. I don't see this as a bad trade. I'm not tall enough to ride an adventure bike anyway, but if I was, the H-D brand on that category of bike wouldn't be something I cared about.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:44 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by downzero
BMW definitely has the market cornered on that category. I don't see this as a bad trade. I'm not tall enough to ride an adventure bike anyway, but if I was, the H-D brand on that category of bike wouldn't be something I cared about.

These new GS have a low seat and automatic lower suspension. I was able to try that feature out. It’s definitely nice. Same feature as the PanAm

Old 04-14-2024, 10:27 PM
WorkForIt
Cruiser
Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Damn copycats. 😂

Old 04-14-2024, 10:52 PM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,277 Likes on 588 Posts

Just curious.. are there a lot of guys over on the BMW forums talking about getting rid of their BMW’s for a Harley?

Old 04-15-2024, 10:19 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rains2much
Just curious.. are there a lot of guys over on the BMW forums talking about getting rid of their BMW’s for a Harley?
They are no different and they think getting the fully optioned kit is the way to go. And if you dont get the Premium pack you'll have a hard time reselling? I'm like, Resale? Who buys a bike for their resale value? You will be suprised that some BMW owners have Harley's. I mean price wise, they are similar in costs. BMW motorcycle dealerships just dont screw you like they do when you try to buy a bike.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:28 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 480 Likes on 231 Posts

Very curious how they two compare. They both interest me

Old 04-16-2024, 06:20 PM
North of You
Cruiser
Received 209 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
Very curious how they two compare. They both interest me
Take each for a test ride. Personally, the Bimmer did nothing for me, and I still love my Gen 1 PAS.

Logic has nothing to do with the purchase of a motorcycle, it’s all about how it makes you feel when you ride it.

Puglia10 (04-22-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 08:42 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

I just came back with riding the GS1300 and while it is a great bike. There were a few things that stood out to me. The bike I tested had the Premium package which all models in the U.S. will come with instock with the dealers. Non-premium pack needs to be special order.

What stood out was the radar cruise control and the ESA (electronic suspension adjustment). I was able to test out Radar function out and it stopped like it should but not as bad when a car does the automatic braking. It is less sensitive then the cars that come with automatic braking. but it did stop for you without throwing you off the bike.

Also when turning, it spooked the heck out of me cause it felt like it was steering for you during the turns. It felt unnatural but at the same time you were making the perfect turn. It felt like it turned in a bit quicker and wanted to dump the bike in the corner. Similar how when you have radar cruise in a car and when the lane keeping assist is on. The steering wheel tries to fight you while it centers itself inside the lanes. That's how it felt. I tried to fight it at first but I guess it takes time to get use to it. I'm not sure if I can get use to that cause it's feels unnatural. Like you dont have control of your bike during turns. I'm hoping you can turn that off

But the bike is smooth with a smidge of character. No buffeting of anykind. The only changes I would make is to roll th handlebars back and add a riser that puts the bar closer to me.

rauchman (05-23-2024)

Quick Reply: My run with the Pan America is over…