Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

make your own gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Eagleriderbulgaria
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default make your own gaskets

Hi Guys,

I am a member of this forum but in Bulgaria. Now I am new here for one specific question only. What material do you guys think is best for making your own gaskets for the transmission cover (right hand side where the clutch cable goes in).

Mine broke and started weeping first, then just right pouring it out. I am far away from any dealer or supplier so I have to make my own. What I like to know is if any of you guys have done this in the past (I think many of you many times)

So let me know the thickness, type of material and brand if possible. I will see if it is available here in the East.

Also like to know if you have used liquid gasket as well or on it's own? I know many questions but I hope all related and all make sense.

Looking forward to see you guys input.

Keep the rubber down.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 AM
LoveHate
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kees.

The material you're looking for, is produced by http://www.klinger.co.uk/. You can find it for thousands of locations in Sofia & Bulgaria. Look at the manufacturer's website, select your required material and thickness ... go to Tashev-Galving and buy it.

Personally I think this is a waste of time and money, you needed gasket you can order for 10-15 euros from eBay.co.uk. Manufacture of gaskets makes sense when repairing an old machine that no longer produce spare parts.

Another way is to use special materials produced by Loctite ... I think it's Loctite 5800 ... red silicone, medium tackiness, resistance to 200 degrees Celsius.