Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

HD Leather Jackets: Worth the Bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
RyanC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine in Sept. It's limited, reflective , lightweight leather, although I made a two hour 100 mile road trip with a tshirt and sweatshirt underneath in 36 degree weather. It also has the feature of taking off the front and back panels with a mesh jacket underneath for the hot months. I LOVE my jacket. Check out Stpaulharley.com. They have clearance items upwards of $100 off select leather. They have a great online catalog with really decent savings. I've done business with them a few times. I paid retail for the jacket I bought. St pauls had it for 100$ less. Had i not needed it for that trip then I would have bought it off them. Good luck. You won't be sorry with HD leather. They come with a 1 year warranty too.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:55 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dh2683
Your right Armor is extra with FC. If you are looking for a jacket with armor you can also look at some of the Tourmaster Jackets that have full armor. Great products also. I just wanted you to understand if you want the protection of PREMIUM LEATHER go with Fox Creek. If you want Leather with armor nothing wrong with HD jackets.If you can find one of the old USA MADE HD Jackets for sale online grab it. Great Jackets. Way better than the current china stuff
For me having armor plates in my jacket is important to me. Same as I would get some kind of pants with protections too. And a modular full face helmet because I want to be able to ride as long as I can and prefer to be safe on the bike Even tho half helmet look better! lol

Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

FXRG without question is the best jacket I have ever had.

Mark

Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another vote for Fox Creek. I also have a Tourmaster for summer riding.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got a HD leather jacket and love it. I also have their wind jacket which I really like on those days that you start out not needing a jacket but by sunset you wish you had one.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
FXRG without question is the best jacket I have ever had.

Mark
What does FXRG stands for?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Grammaton
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
P.S. I don't like to buy clothes online because you cannot try them and it's a pain in the butt to return what you bought and etc.
This kind of limits your options. You're a captive market. The dealer should have a pretty good selection of styles and sizes, and someone else suggested trying them on and buying from a dealer on-line at a 20% discount.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:28 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

I do have the HD reflective skull leather jacket. I liked the style and the reflective piping down the sleeves and the logo on the back. The logo on the back doesn't stand out like a sore thumb which was the appeal for me plus it's reflective at night.

I also have a ZR1 classic motorcycle jacket that's made in the USA and marketed by Drag Specialties. I bought it from the Dennis Kirk website. It was in the "Clearance Section" for $150.00. It is a very good heavy leather jacket.

I prefer to shop online for bargains. If I'm looking for HD merchandise I'll try things on in my local store, but usually buy it from another dealer online for a big savings even with shipping. As long as your patient and you can wait for a deal you can find them.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
Hello all,

As I am planning on buying my first Harley next Spring, I am shopping for all kind of stuff and I thought well I should have a good leather jacket to ride my beautiful Harley.

Harley leather jackets look really good but are also very pricey. For a forth of the price one can buy a jacket from another brand with the same kind of protections (elbow, shoulder, etc.).

I would like to wear a HD jacket but I just wonder if it's really worth the dollars? Does any of you have bought a jacket not from Harley? If so, where and how much? Some links would be helpful.

Voony.

P.S. I don't like to buy clothes online because you cannot try them and it's a pain in the butt to return what you bought and etc.
When price is an issue, there are other options...

http://www.luxboss.com/Designer-Clot...e+Jacket/7838/

I got an Excelled Jacket in '84....Still wear it today. Don't know if they are still made in America but the one I got was.

Quick Reply: HD Leather Jackets: Worth the Bucks?