Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Coast G20 flashlight $5 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 793 Likes on 604 Posts
Default Coast G20 flashlight $5 ?

I got a Coast G20 flashlight at Home Depot for $5
Pen style kinda like the ones doctors use to look in your throat but very good quality.
It sells for more at other places but go online to home depot website and enter your area code for location availability and price. Then go to the store.
During Christmas Home Depot had display boxes with a bunch of different stocking stuffer items and it seems like those items get discounted in January in order to move them out.
I remember that among those items was this flashlight but it was about $10 at that time.
Granger has them right now for $26.00 while the cheapest i have seen on Ebay is about $12.00.
At $5 with Duracell batteries i consider it a very good price.
It is a metal flashlight that comes with (2) AAA Duracell batteries.
The button on the back requires significant pressure in order to click on or off so it should not turn-on accidentally.
This thing has some kind of fixed lens that really makes for a strong focused light even in daylight. Excellent for illuminating a wire, connector or trying to find a dropped screw even when the garage has lights or to keep on the bike for emergency use.
It even has a flat side opposite the Coast G20 name so you could engrave your name or initials.
Coast has a survey online that sends you the smaller (single AAA battery) flashlight for something like $3.50 to cover shipping (i have NOT ordered the smaller one).
There are some rather boring youtube videos on these Coast G20 flashlights.

This is the home depot link:
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/coast-g...l#.UPWMgfJWKhk

Link for survey:
http://www.coastportland.com/surveyCC.php

Last edited by im; 01-15-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 793 Likes on 604 Posts

Went by a home depot today and the flashlights are now $3..
UPC code is 015286196293 and the store sku # 12 22 00
I asked them to look it up and at they showed more than a dozen in stock but they were not with the other flashlights. They were in a big cardboard display box (the kind they place in aisle).
For $3 with the DURACELL batteries these are an excellent purchase and make for a good penlight in glovebox or velcro'd to frame/back of license plate etc.
Check your store availability online before going.