Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Trailer Queens and Bikers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:10 AM
Ilovebeer
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Trailer Queens and Bikers

With Sturgis upon us, please be careful and don't let this happen there.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...701744?cmp=rss

Old 07-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,969 Likes on 1,414 Posts

You appear to be hung up on the term "Trailer Queens". We all know to ride safely and defensively. What is your point by disparaging others again with the use of the term "Trailer Queen". I find it offensive and I have never owned or used a trailer.

The following users liked this post:
Joe Mc (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,458 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle
You appear to be hung up on the term "Trailer Queens". We all know to ride safely and defensively. What is your point by disparaging others again with the use of the term "Trailer Queen". I find it offensive and I have never owned or used a trailer.
The term, "Trailer Queen" offends you? Is it just in the, "Trailer" context that is offensive? Or should everyone curtail the use of such disparaging terms as, "African Queen" or, "God Save the Queen" or, dare I even say it, "Dairy Queen"?

Old 07-30-2016, 10:21 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

If it offends you move on princess, the fact that you think others should change to spare your precious feelings offends me, but I'll simply get over it, instead of expecting you to change.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Rathgar
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You sure that was a real trailer queen? Or is this just one of those tragedys that is just to good not to exploit?
Not much info in the story, wonder what happened? No blinkers? Passing in an intersection? All it says is that they crashed into an RV while they were trying to pass and the RV was turning. I guess had it been a schoolbus, tractor trailer, or even another group of bikes all would be ok now right?

Old 07-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

The term "Trailer Queen" is meant as a disparaging term for those bikers who choose occasionally to trailer their bikes to events. I see no need to disparage any biker because they decide to trailer their bikes occasionally. We have enough problems in the world without intentionally insulting others because of their choice regarding trailering. You have a choice with your words of being one who tries to bring us together as a community, or one who tries to separate us into opposing camps. I choose the former. Seems like some of you are intent on the latter. I cannot fathom why you would want to do this.

The following users liked this post:
Joe Mc (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 11:00 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Get over yourself. SHEESH.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:07 AM
Ilovebeer
Cruiser

I won't get into a long winded discussion (like the other threads), but if you are offended by the word "trailer queen", then I have an easy solution for you???? Quit being one! When you are not a trailer queen you don't easily get offended by that term.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ilovebeer
I won't get into a long winded discussion (like the other threads), but if you are offended by the word "trailer queen", then I have an easy solution for you???? Quit being one! When you are not a trailer queen you don't easily get offended by that term.
I'm curious about something. What is your definition of a trailer queen? And why do you believe I fit that definition?

Old 07-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Ilovebeer
Cruiser

I'm curious about something. What is your definition of a trailer queen? And why do you believe I fit that definition?
If you're that offended by the term "trailer queen" then I don't believe you when you said that you never owned one.

Quick Reply: Trailer Queens and Bikers