Adventures with the "Scorpios" - Page 25 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > Road Trips
Reload this Page >

Adventures with the "Scorpios"

Notices
Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Adventures with the "Scorpios"

Old 01-10-2019, 01:44 PM
TriGeezer
Supporter
Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,636 Posts

Great thread! Our family vacationed in Aruba in 2005. One of our adventures was to rent Jeep’s and we toured the windward side of the island. We have pictures of some of us on the Natural Bridge. It collapsed one week after our visit. Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten that full rack of Ribs at Smokey Joes.

We we have visited many of the Caribbean islands. Each one is a little different. Aruba was our favorite for family vacations. It has beautiful beaches in the leeward side, many great restaurants, and good entertainment. Yes, it is very arid. It is also the least 3rd world of all the islands we visited.

My my wife and I and various friends have done many bareboat sailboat charters in the Virgin Islands. Bareboat is when you rent the boat, get it stocked with beer & rum...and other necessities, and sail away island hopping with me as skipper. It’s our favorite area for tropical vacationing without kids, we haven’t been there since the wiped it. Out. When I get around to it, I’ll post some pictures.

The Following User Says Thank You to TriGeezer For This Useful Post:
Scorpio09SG (01-10-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Scorpio09SG
Senior Rider
Default Adventures with the “”Scorpios”

January 12, 2019.

Today is our last full day on the island of Aruba as we fly back home to the cold Canadian weather tomorrow.
But, as always we are looking forward to our next winter getaway in a month or so.

So yesterday we headed for the north beach area to check it out. They certainly do have some beautiful beaches on this island. After that, we headed to the low rise area, stopped in and had a drink at the bar at Costa Linda.
As we have our “Happy Hour” every Friday back home in the man cave, we decided we needed to do happy hour here on the island. So, off we went to the “Beach Bar” that has happy hour daily from 1pm - 7pm.

Then Suzie and I went for a nice dinner at a resturant called “Papiamento”. The food here was excellent!
So, alas this Scorpio adventure is coming to a close.
Thanks to everyone for allowing us to share our memories!

Cheers, Terry

One of the views at the north beach area.

The high rise resort area to the south.

Suzie caught me observing the ocean.

Suzie at the “Beach Bar” happy hour. Cheers folks!

The view from our table at the Papiamento resturant.

Us at the Papiamento. Thanks to our server for taking the pic for us.

A beautiful memory of an Aruban sunset!