Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Guinness world record parade ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
well now, that's funny... You were apparently directly behind me! That photo is me and my bike right in front of you. I was pretty easy to spot because I was probably the only guy there with a jacket on ...

That was very good to see, I agree. I had just got back from the 115th in Milwaukee, where about 98% of the riders there were at least 65, many looked notably older. At this record run, there were tons of riders in their 30's.

You had gotten off your bike and I was getting off mine and was going to put a hand out. Then we got the false flag kickstands up, fire up and we managed to compress the line 20' then off again. Wife and I just stayed on the bike after that. We did nod at each other. I remembered you being in front of me when we made the U-Turn for entrance into the dealer lot for the click count and knew we weren't going to have a issue going single file. But the riders in front of us all acted like they didn't have a clue. A living picture being drawn in front of them and lost. I remember thinking how hot we were and knowing you had to be cooking in your gear.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:58 PM
RHD51
Road Captain
Received 444 Likes on 205 Posts

Wish I had thought to ask the people I met if they were on the forum, I expect I saw several of you around camp. This was my setup, overlooking the river, across the road from the veterans area.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:08 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,229 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
You had gotten off your bike and I was getting off mine and was going to put a hand out. Then we got the false flag kickstands up, fire up and we managed to compress the line 20' then off again. Wife and I just stayed on the bike after that. We did nod at each other.
Right, I remember that now. Oh well, maybe next time. I rode that Talimena pass on my trip up to the 115th, it was stellar. I will do it again someday in the fall. Gorgeous ride as-is, it must be outstanding with the fall colors.

I remember thinking how hot we were and knowing you had to be cooking in your gear.
It's not easy being ATGATT in a Harley world! But that gear I'm wearing is the Motoport mesh Kevlar. It did get stifling while we were standing still, but as soon as we got to ride it feels like the air conditioning has been turned on. In years past, when I wore leather (even a perforated leather jacket), I would just hang up the helmet from July to September; it was just too oppressively hot here in South Texas. But since going Motoport, I am actually reasonably comfortable in 95 degree heat and 90%+ humidity! It's fantastic, one of my favorite accessories ever. The armor surrounds you, the Kevlar makes road rash near impossible, and the heat ventilation is a lifesaver. It's given me another three months of riding time in the year. I'm really happy with it.

But, as said before, that only counts when we're rolling. Sitting in that traffic, no fun at all. That's why I was getting off the bike, to strip the jacket off and try to cool down a bit...

Old 09-22-2018, 08:07 AM
DevilSperm
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RHD51

Wish I had thought to ask the people I met if they were on the forum, I expect I saw several of you around camp. This was my setup, overlooking the river, across the road from the veterans area.
I remember being jealous of your set up and your fan! lol Had a short chat with you.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:14 AM
DevilSperm
Cruiser

Heres a video I made our our trip. I invited 15 people on this with me and my dad is the only one who said yes. It made for a great father/son trip.

The following users liked this post:
psyshack (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 09:17 PM
RHD51
Road Captain
Received 444 Likes on 205 Posts

DevilSperm, I watched your video on You Tube earlier today. Good job. I remember you going by and commenting about the fan. It was definitely a great thing to have in that weather. These days I really appreciate the luxury of hauling my trailer to events like that.

The following users liked this post:
psyshack (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 11:45 AM
DevilSperm
Cruiser

DevilSperm, I watched your video on You Tube earlier today. Good job. I remember you going by and commenting about the fan. It was definitely a great thing to have in that weather. These days I really appreciate the luxury of hauling my trailer to events like that.
Man I bet! I slept like **** Friday night at the campsite because it was 75° with 142% humidity in my tent lol My dad was the smart one and slept by the bike under the stars

Old 09-23-2018, 12:22 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilSperm
Man I bet! I slept like **** Friday night at the campsite because it was 75° with 142% humidity in my tent lol My dad was the smart one and slept by the bike under the stars
It was so humid that the A/C in our cabin could not break it. Was like sleeping in ice water.