Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 08:54 PM
miner999r
Road Captain
Received 214 Likes on 128 Posts

Thinking taking a run down to Virginia, WV, Blue Ridge & maybe some of the area with my wife in June.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:28 AM
kap1
Road Captain
Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by cacomly
If you've done days like that you should be fine, I do it all the time. Knocking out a big chunk in the first few days is a great way to be sure you have time to take a more leisurely trip home and be sure you have time for traffic, weather, sight seeing, or whatever.
I do the opposite. I take my time outbound and blast home--a few 600+ days can make it feel good to get home. Good luck on the Iron run this year.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
rjheff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Headed to DC in May for the Last Run to the Wall.
Then to Laconia in June. Been a few years. Love the riding up there.
In August headed up to Deadwood. Stopping first in Milwaukee at the HD Museum.
Travel SW to RT 30 and ride Lincoln Highway West to visit Buddy Holley Museum.
Up I 35 to I 90 West to Deadwood. Staying at Cadillac Jack's arriving Day after Sturgis ends. Planning to hit as many rides in the area that we can.
Planned one 700 mile day from Ames Iowa to Deadwood. That'll be a personal high for me.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:59 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by rjheff
Up I 35 to I 90 West to Deadwood. Staying at Cadillac Jack's arriving Day after Sturgis ends. Planning to hit as many rides in the area that we can.
Planned one 700 mile day from Ames Iowa to Deadwood. That'll be a personal high for me.
If your 13 rides half as good as my 18, 700 miles should be a breeze. My longest have been 550-600 on this bike so far and I really wanted to just keep riding but I had arrived at my destination.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:58 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by rjheff
Me too. We do our first stop in New Stanton and then on to DC. Been doing the parade for the last 10 years - very sad to see it end. Longest ride for me was a SS1000 on the way back from doing Route 66 trip with dealer.
Maybe we'll run into each other in DC I have a black TriGlide with MARINE across the windshield and SEMPER FI across the trunk.
And so you'll recognize me I'll be wearing a black t-shirt and have a beard.

Last edited by GARY DYER; 01-24-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

The little lady got approved for 2 weeks beginning Labor day weekend so we are going to try last years planned trip.
She will start in Rapid City. Couple days in that area then west to Red Lodge/Bear Tooth Hwy., Yellowstone, Tetons/Jackson Hole/ Cody then back to Rapid City.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,108 Likes on 8,922 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
The little lady got approved for 2 weeks beginning Labor day weekend so we are going to try last years planned trip.
She will start in Rapid City. Couple days in that area then west to Red Lodge/Bear Tooth Hwy., Yellowstone, Tetons/Jackson Hole/ Cody then back to Rapid City.
Bill, not sure how your getting from Jackson Hole to Cody...... but 120 from Thermopolis to Cody is a nice ride. I have never been on 25 from Moran Junction to Riverton though.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:22 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

I'm not sure either. So far the plan is in broad strokes and changeable. Those are the areas we want to see but how we do that is still under discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,108 Likes on 8,922 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
I'm not sure either. So far the plan is in broad strokes and changeable. Those are the areas we want to see but how we do that is still under discussion
Map this out.

14a to Cody and stay there... Day 1 Cody/Chief Joseph/Beartooth/Cody.... day 2 Cody/Northern loop of Yellowstone/Cody.... Day 3, Southern loop/ Jackson Hole.

Lots to do and see in Cody. The motel I stay at is “A Western Rose”. Not inexpensive but Motorcycle friendly and you get to park right in front of your room.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky

Map this out.

14a to Cody and stay there... Day 1 Cody/Chief Joseph/Beartooth/Cody.... day 2 Cody/Northern loop of Yellowstone/Cody.... Day 3, Southern loop/ Jackson Hole.

Lots to do and see in Cody. The motel I stay at is “A Western Rose”. Not inexpensive but Motorcycle friendly and you get to park right in front of your room.
Get on 14A at Burgess Junction?
We plan on a couple days riding out of Rapid City area, probably Deadwood so she can see Mt Rushmore, Badlands, Devils Tower etc. Then head west. Spending a couple days in one area the move on to the next works well for us on this trip.
Cody Looks to be one of them.
She wants to spend at least one night in Jackson Hole and the Tetons.

Last edited by Nokkon Wud; 01-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?