Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

PLANNING a big trip . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Fester
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked out the website... what a park! We will definatly stop there!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Fester
Advanced

I am in a foul mood towards H-D right now and starting to rethink my pending purchase...

I wanted to go to the HOG RALLY here in OKC this weekend, called and asked a few places about the costs to get in, was told it was like $45.00, okay... pricey but do-able, so I called my brother in Dallas Tx, told him about it, and he said he wanted to go to , so he would drive up and we would go together, check out the venders row, maybe the bike show, ect ect. Well he drives up on Saturday in 105* heat with no AC in his car, we drive to the fair grounds and fight for a place to park, walk what seemed like 10 miles over a huge black top parking lot (actually was like 100-150 yards, but HOT AS HE**! LOL) get up to the gate after waiting in line with no shade only to be told we have to join HOG to get in.... okay, where do I join? Over there sir (pointing to another line) so off we go to join HOG. We stand in line and wait about 30 min while others join ahead of us.

We get up to the lady handeling the paper work, to be told we have to own a H-D to join.... okay, so how do we get inside the show then? well, you can not, this is for H-D owners only, sorry... I told her whatI was told by others, that for 45.00 I could get in, sorry sir, they where wrong....

I told them the website said nothing about this being a owners only party, sorry, nothing said about H-D owners only in local papers either, again sorry sir.... by this time more people where listening to us, saying the same thing... we can not get in unless we own a H-D/ Nope, sorry...

I do not know if this will cause me to not buy a H-D or not, but I am frustrated right now, and I have waited untill a calmed fown some before posting this... as it does rub me wrong...

please forgive me for going off topic here, I hope no one is offended, but I HAD to vent some... as to the trip, I will have my city to city route posted this week.... see you on the road maybe?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yo it was a Harley "Owners" Group Rally yes you have to own a Harley and yea you have to be a member to get in if this upsets you this much maybe you need to get a Wing cause your in for more disappointment.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Fester
Advanced

Sorry, I was in a foul mood over this... yes I understand it was a OWNERS group rally, and I have no problem with that, it just frustrated me that it was not made more clear before melting away in the heat.... I know there is no better bike than the H-D and will be buying my Ultra as planned soon as my settlement comes in... again, sorry , but I needed to vent right then.