Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Just got back from Delmarva Bike Week Ocean City Maryland.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
shagster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from Delmarva Bike Week Ocean City Maryland.........

We had a great time. We went down Thursday night in time to catch "Live Wire" an AC/DC tribute band at Seacrets. The band was excellent and there was no cover charge! Friday morning we headed out to see as many events as possible. Winterpark was our starting ground near Salisbury, there were many ventors and the parking was easy in / out. We headed back to O.C. Harley and were shuttled out in to a field for parking. It was dusty and the "road" had roughts. Next we headed to HOoters to see Vinnie & Cody (previous American Chopper builders). When we pulled up in the parking lot Vinnie was doing wheelies in the parking lot on a Honda 50cc grinning at us. We got a pic with him and looked at the choppers they are producing now. He was very friendly. Next we stopped at 45st and checked out all the vendors and the hot chicks dancing around the beer wagon.........wife gave me permission! LOL We headed back to the hotel (the Lankford on the boards at 8th street, great people) for a cocktail hour. We did dinner at Seacrets and watched two live bands before leaving to go to Trader Lees where we caught "Birddog and the Roadkings" (local country/rock band). There we had some fresh shucked oysters! Next we headed to the Sunset Grille to catch the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band, they were okay, not great. When we left we got held up in traffic because of a motorcycle accident. We learned the next day that a trike had run up into a motorcycle and the trike driver was killed. I'm actually surprised there weren't more accidents because there are a lot of idiots on motorcycles! LOL Saturday we took a 70 mile "backroad" ride down to Snowhill and Furnace Town to get away from the crowds for a little while. A friend called who had come down for the day so we envited him over for mid day cocktails. By Saturday night things were definitely reaching saturation with bikes literally everywhere. We got a fresh fish sandwich at Fishtales then headed back to Trader Lees for more music and oysters! My friends were getting ready to play music there (Transfuzion) so we stuck around for a few hours and enjoyed them.
We called it an early night. Sunday morning my wife left earlier with the truck for home and I stopped off on the bike again at Winterplace. The band Crossroads were quite good and I really enjoyed the Wall of Death stunt show. All good things have to come to an end so around 2pm I headed for home, which was only 45 mins away. We were tired but had a great time.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM
shrydog
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

You must have been following us Shagster, we were at most of those places at the same time. We had a great time too and the weather got better as the weekend went by. I'm looking forward to Open House York this weekend. Friday night is always a blast downtown.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:15 PM
DB10881
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and i were there Wednesday thru Friday..great time and alot more bikes than our last trip over in '04, makes for a great day ride from Ohio.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I stopped in on the 18th. There was a good classic rock band at Spanky's...and hot a$$ shakin' on the bar.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 315 Posts

We were at the Royal Farm Store when the trike had the accident. I was getting gas and heard a slight tire screech but that was it, didn't hear the collision. Sucks to hear what it was.
Wanted to get to Trader Lees for tranzfusuion but just didn't make it. Had a great time, we stayed just in front of Mackys which was great, we'd end our day there and walk back to the room.
Watched the first half of the Ravens game at Smitty McGees and second half at Macky's, came home Monday and the weather was absolutely perfect!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking I was in the traffic from the accident for a little bit when coming up from the south end...then I moved over a block.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Got a few days there myself, first time. Good eats and got out before it got too crazy.